• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

and now there are three

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:( does anyone know when a VHD vaccine should start working? I can't belive this has happened so close to christmas! :cry:

Thanks and yeah I have lost Blue :(
No I didn't get a PM done but all the remaining rabbits were vets checked and vaccinated. They were given the all clear, Blue was hopping about madly last night binkying about, I came down this morning to find him dead.
I feel sick when I type this but Basil, Blue and Daisy were all in exactly the same possision when I found them, streched out with their heads thrown back, although Daisy's head was trapped. I feel terrible :cry:

On the 8th December Beth posted on another forum that her vet suspected that the 2 other rabbits were suspected to have died from VHD.

I am sorry Beth about Blue. When was he vaccinated?

How long is the incubation period of the VHD virus from exposure to effect? Its rapid isnt it?

Binky Free Blue x

Thanks.
I guess my option now is to spay the girls and try the three remianing ones together? :(
They are going to the vets again asap.

I'm sorry Beth. :-( I always thought that vhd transfered and affected the buns quickly, but I guess it can linger. Must be horrible to have been told they were clear and then have this happen

R.i.p. blue.

Back