• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What type of ...

Missy

Warren Scout
hoover do you cat, dog, house bunny owners have?

I'm going to get a new one in the sales and I'm not sure if I want another dyson, so expensive compared to others. :shock:

Does anyone have the Vax pet one?
I need one that's good on laminate floors as well as carpet and easy to use on stairs.
Any recomendations? :)

Sorry if this is in wrong place wasn't sure where to post.:)

I have a Henry (the red one with a face on it).

Henry is great, he picks up anything including hay and poops, and never gets clogged up or loses power.

I'd never have anything else now

Amy

I got a Dyson dc07 animal for the Bunnies room, We also have a dyson dc14 blitz it for the house and i won a dyson dc20 platium which is still in it's box lol

I got a £50 panasonic, bagged, cylinder cleaner a couple of years ago - really brilliant little cleaner and for that money you could have a new one every year :D

Bunnytod, guess you'd say stick with the Dyson :lol::lol::lol:

We've got Henry's at work and I remember now someone said they can cope well with anything I want an upright tho really would be an accident waiting to happen on the stairs with a cylinder hoover I'm so clumsy.

Yes Elve that's my O/h's thinking could have 4 of those for the price of a Dyson.

Thanks

Ive got the morphy richards pet one, cost me £60 from currys this time last yr, its got wood/laminate option on it as well as ones for different pile carpets! And a HEPA filter, bagless cyclone.

We've got an anti allergy dyson. I had a henry at uni though and they really are tough. One of my housemates drunkenly hoovered a bucket of water up and it still survived. :)

i have a henry.. i loooooovvvvveeee him. he has a pet hair attachement brilliant... before that a vax *spits* would never go back to them suckless monsters again....

i have a henry.. i loooooovvvvveeee him. he has a pet hair attachement brilliant... before that a vax *spits* would never go back to them suckless monsters again....

The vax didn't get a good report on the review I just read apparently a Miele cat & dog comes out tops.
There's the thing of bags v bagless too :roll:

I hate buying household appliances they all look the same and I never know which to choose much prefer clothes at least then I know what I like :)

The vax didn't get a good report on the review I just read apparently a Miele cat & dog comes out tops.
There's the thing of bags v bagless too :roll:

I hate buying household appliances they all look the same and I never know which to choose much prefer clothes at least then I know what I like :)

stes ma is a cleaner and she told us to get miele but it was very expensive so she said wed not go wrong with a henry as she uses them too... ive just looked ours is an henry xtra.. i guess thats cus the pet hair head comes with it...

the problem we had with the vax was it didnt seem to seal right so the suction was rubbish..... i think id stick with the henry from now on, it only loses suction when the bag is full, change the bag and it tries to suck the carpet up too :lol::lol::lol:

Got a dyson DC07 this year and LURVE him.

Love him so much I won't let him near the rabs hutch incase I damage him - I sweep theirs out with a dustpan and brush.................even though it means being on my hands and knees for ages:lol::lol::lol:

Got a dyson DC07 this year and LURVE him.

Love him so much I won't let him near the rabs hutch incase I damage him - I sweep theirs out with a dustpan and brush.................even though it means being on my hands and knees for ages:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:
Must admit the Dyson I've got has coped with a lot, I do use it in the bunny room and it's fine only gets blocked if I hoover up long pieces of hay that I should have really brushed up (so lazy) :lol:

There are 3 Henry's in the Argos catalogue, 2 red ones and a green one and no sign of a pink one!!

H'mmm still pondering what to do :roll:

We have a Dyson which is useless for the pet hair here and also an Electrolux Velocity Pet lover which is great for dog hair but useless for rabbit poop. We've now got a large garden vac - great for cleaning the hutches out with before we disinfect them, just have to make sure the pet isn't still in there cos it has one hell of a suck on it:lol:

we got a dyson dc14 with telescopic reach (for stairs) on ebay for £88 almost new.

We also have the dyson dc16 (handheld one) which is brilliant!!! its so powerful and good for doing a quick hoover around the litter tray and her crate. it doesnt cope too well with hay though but it loves sucking up poop

We have a MIELE. Not too sure which one, it's black if thats any help.

Massive suction
Huge bag that lasts ages...maybe 2-3 months and you can cheat and use them twice.
Very reliable

Bags cost about £1 each.

There's 2 black Miele's in Argos book, one's got a Hepa filter.:)
The pet one is red and £189 .
I've always had an upright hoover so hadn't looked at cylinder ones, all the Miele are cylinder from the pics.

H'mmmmm :?

Thanks for everyones thoughts.

I have a morphy Richards Performair Pet. It has a hepa filter and comes with a spare whilst you wash one out. Good suction and lots of tools with it too. £99 in Argos, £89 from amazon.

Back