• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
Wispa only gets shut in her crate at night and has a litter tray in there with her bed. She has always used that and her litter tray that is in her play area equally.

Since Thursday night she hasnt been going to the toilet at night and holds it all in till morning when she gets let out, she hops into her playarea litter tray and does a massive wee and poo!

shes eating, drinking and playing fine.

She is staying in our room at the moment and is very quiet at night (asleep probably) so is it ok that she doesnt go toilet!

I would squeeze another, small litter tray into her crate, and just put a bit of megazorb in it - I had this problem with Maa and that sorted it - she wanted to keep her proper litter tray clean for a bed you see :D

i think Alvin only uses the tray in his cage when hes desperate... given the choice he uses the one in the middle room, the one in his cage hardly looks used...the one in the middle room gets filled up with poop within minutes of it being cleaned lol

Wispa fills hers as soon as its cleaned.

She has a cardboard box in her crate that she sleeps in and on top of so that would be 3 beds including her litter tray!

Last night she had emptyed all the litter out of it :lol:

She does use it as a launch pad to get to the top of the cardboard box tho so maybe thats it.

When she gets shut in, should i put her used litter tray in there instead?

Back