• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
Wispa is 6 months old and eats a lot of veg and some hay, i got told to leave a bowl full of pellets down all the time until she is 8 months old.

i wanted to know if i could cut down her pellets now to encourage her to eat more hay or if she did need to stay on pellets for longer

she sorta nibbles at it but doesnt eat a lot.

she did have it in a hay rack but she just kept emptying it so i started putting it in a bowl, she probably has about 4 mouthfuls a day. i even tried to encourage her by putting it into a toilet roll tube which she plays with and occasionally pulls some out of.

i find my bunnies LOVE hay, and luckily the eat cheap stuff i get offthe farm, good quality and only £3 a bale, which lasts 4 buns 6 weeks! however..i know people whofinds their buns fussy try a variety of hays, have you tried hayexperts? they do a little sample pack of hay, so you could see which she prefers, and then the one she finds yummiest get a bag of :D

personally i wud still give her her pellets cus with some mega tasty hay she will prob eat enuf of the hay

Back