• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting & cold weather?

Glingle

Warren Veteran
I bonded my two bunnies about a month ago, and they've been getting on fine, however the last few days they've been scrapping. No bite wounds, but lots of piles of fur (from both bunnies) floating around the run.

Is this just them still settling in with each other, or do you think the cold weather has had something to do with it, as it only seems to have started since we had this cold snap. I ended up in the garden at one o'clock in my dressing gown this morning checking on them, as I could hear them crashing about in the hutch and run. It was a bit nippy - minus 5!

Do I just have to let them get on with it, or is there anything I can do to persuade them that they do want to be friends?

there was a bit of fur pulling in my bunny shed last week too - I don't worry about it. Just make sure there's more than one cozy bed, more than one cozy box, more than one litter tray, and more than one food dish (I scatter the veg on the floor and put pellets in a longish pile on the floor - water is in a big dogs bowl rather than a bottle they all have to share - less to fight over then :D

Ta for that reassurance. They already have two water bowls (one a large dogs one) and two litter trays. I've just got Dad to remove the bedroom partition so they can't get territorial over who sleeps in there, and ordered some profleece to carpet the whole hutch so they can't squabble about who gets the comfy bit. They normally have their pellets at tea time in a large shallow dish that they can both eat from, but I think I'll do your trick on the floor in future.
Honestly this must be worse than squabbling children (at least you don't normally end up stood in the garden with them in the middle of the night - *Dad, are you sure I can't have house bunnies?:rolleyes: *

Back