• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 steps backwards for my local P@H :(

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
The rabbits are in with the guinea pigs again and a lovely little Nethie was fighting with a Dwarf Lop and had an injury to its face which had gone un-noticed.

I thought the company policy regarding the cohabiting of buns and pigs had changed :(

awww that's dreadful - probably hoping to sell them better at Christmas to families with 2 kids :evil: Poor nethie - I'd have bought it, which is why I don't go to P@H :oops:

mine do that :evil: they split them up then the next time I go in they are back together :roll:
I had to kick up a right stinker once cos this poor bunny was being harassed by a guinea pig who was very definately hormonal! :? got to go in there today unfortunately - so we will see what we have again

I've never understood what their policy actually is, as their care leaflets have said they shouldn't be housed together for a long time.

i went in to mine and saw a little black piggie sitting on the back of a pure white bunny, it looked so sweet but at the same time i felt sorry for the bunny!!

i have 2 local PAH, one does co hab the bunnies and piggies, andone doesnt.

one PAH is always clean, full of hay, water and food, and has information boards up.
the other, is sirty, they live together, they always look sad and or ill, and neva have hayor water

i jus cnt believe they are the same store!
however...i DID complain, write an email to PAH about the chelmsford branch and the co habitation between pigs and buns, and within 3 days they had changed it.

That's so sad:cry:
Around here just about every pet shop mixes guinea pigs and rabbits, I was even forced to do so myself at one point, because there were two brother rabbits who were trying to kill each other, and the only cage where he COULD have been was the guinea pig cage:evil:

i have 2 local PAH, one does co hab the bunnies and piggies, andone doesnt.

one PAH is always clean, full of hay, water and food, and has information boards up.
the other, is sirty, they live together, they always look sad and or ill, and neva have hayor water

i jus cnt believe they are the same store!
however...i DID complain, write an email to PAH about the chelmsford branch and the co habitation between pigs and buns, and within 3 days they had changed it.

They moved stores in Chelmsford (about 2 shops down!), so I think that gave them the opportunity to make the changes they wanted to make.

awww that's dreadful - probably hoping to sell them better at Christmas to families with 2 kids :evil: Poor nethie - I'd have bought it, which is why I don't go to P@H :oops:

Phil would'nt let me.

I was marched to the counter by my arm and allowed to complain and then dragged out the door :roll: :oops:

They moved stores in Chelmsford (about 2 shops down!), so I think that gave them the opportunity to make the changes they wanted to make.

yeh thatw as 2 add the vet bit.
the piggies were with the bunnies 2 months ago, in the 'new' building x

i'd noticed the standards at our local one had slipped. altho the buns and pigs are kept seperate, they had no food very little hay and on one poor bun he had really red skin visible through his coat, which i guess could be an allergy to the saw dust. oh and their new giant bun had knocked his water bottle down and looked a dodgy colour :? . i should have said something..... i'm such a wuss.

Back