• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Wispa scared me U/D i witnessed my first happy flop!!!!

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
i was sat in my room with Wispa and she kept coming and sniffing me and climbing up to sniff higher.

she settled down in the hunched position and her eyes were slitting like she was falling asleep.

all of a sudden she flipped over onto her side - not rolling, but flipping and had her head nearly upside down. she was making a wierd grating sound - almost like a cat purring but not as rhythmic. (i couldnt tell where it was coming from) and breathing very fast

i stroked her which normally would make her defensive and her head came up. so i pulled her legs apart to look at her spay scar and about 10 seconds later she sat up normally.

what happened?????

Last edited:
yes a lot like that!

she is playing and stuff now so i assume she is ok it was just scary!!! especially as she hasnt really liked me until now!!! also the fast breathing and not responding made it look like some sort of fit!!!

I don't know if it sounds like a happy flop. I have heard of rabbits having fits but I don't know anything about them ie what causes them or what the cure is. If you do a search there might be some info (it may have been a flop though)

I don't know if it sounds like a happy flop. I have heard of rabbits having fits but I don't know anything about them ie what causes them or what the cure is. If you do a search there might be some info (it may have been a flop though)

Tills fits were more like thrashing around hurting herself type of fits, Not sure if they are all different :? Although, definately sounds like a happy flop to me :D X

whenever peanut dus it he dus breathe very fast, but usually they 'flip'
did she fall down, or did she sorta flip onto her side?

i think thats what i heard but because of her spay only being yesterday it scared me a lot!!!!

i kinda feel bad that i touched her now and ruined her happy flop!

lol i wud have panicked too if that happened 2 me! lol to think she did her first flop after surgery lol!

The first time I saw my bunny laying in post-flop position, I thought he was dead :shock: And when I actually saw him flop, I thought he'd hurt himself.

He used to really launch himself on his side bless him, he seemed to love doing huge enthusiastic flops :lol:

Hehe thats funny! Sophie flops so fast and hard she nearly does a full roll! :lol:

This is Soph after a happy flop...

DSCF0177.jpg

DSCF0171.jpg

:lol:

Rudy is too lazy to do happy rolls, he just lies on his belly and stretches out his legs!!! :lol:

DSCF0127.jpg

:lol:

she did look like a poorly bunny! my mum was in my room as well so we both sorta stared at her like this :shock:

she's being very friendly to me which is so nice :)

Back