• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaped Buns!

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
Flippin good job my garden is escape proof :shock: I went out to give the rabbits their breakfast this morning and was confronted by 3 very happy rabbits hopping round the frosty grass :lol: Was a bit puzzled as to how they got out as the run is so secure :? grabbed Sooty and uncovered the hutch to put him back in and saw Sweep run round the back of the hutch. Sweep then suddenly appeared in the run:? The little monkeys had only managed to slide 2 bricks out from under the front of the hutch giving them an escape route under the hutch and out of the back!! :lol:

Had to chase Holly round the garden for a bit before she decided she wanted her breakfast and went back under the hutch into the run :lol:

Escape route is now secured so they won't be getting out again!

It was just so funny to see the 3 of them binkying round the garden and the 4th one sitting looking through the wire of the run looking puzzled :lol: :lol:

They were safe in the garden, there is no way out for them unless they can open the side gate!!

Once I got over the shock of seeing them running about I realised how funny it was when they saw me :p Sooty stopped in his tracks and had that look of 'Oh Sh*t now were in trouble' :lol:

Beau was in the garden when I came down this morning too :shock: Luckily the run door hadnt blown shut so he could get back to the hutch if he wanted, and our garden is secure. I have no idea how he got out though :? The run door has two twisty bits of wood to close it and it was definetly shut because I fed them last night at the usual time and then got up out of bed at about half 11 to because I thought I had forgotten to check their water bottles were full, and I went right up to the run with the torch and looked through the door part without opening it :? Trip and Scarlett werent happy though, he probably sat right next to their run all night winding them up :roll: :lol:

:lol: They are clever little monsters aren't they!!

The bottom of mines hutch has had the bricks under it for almost 2 years now and they have never managed to move them before. I just had this vision of one of the holding up a brick and saying 'Quick put some poo under it then we can roll it easier' :lol: :lol:

They were safe in the garden, there is no way out for them unless they can open the side gate!!

Don't put it beyond them! I used to live in a place with a garden surrounded by a 6 foot brick wall with a side gate - let the buns out, and saw a flash of white go past the front door - Egg managed to somehow squeeze out under the gate (only 2 inches gap) - luckily the local kids were playing in the street - saw her, started to run towards her, and scared her back under the gate :lol:

Trickly little monkies aren't they!:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: They are clever little monsters aren't they!!

The bottom of mines hutch has had the bricks under it for almost 2 years now and they have never managed to move them before. I just had this vision of one of the holding up a brick and saying 'Quick put some poo under it then we can roll it easier' :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can so imagine them doing that :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no way Beau could have opened the door because the opening bits are on the outside :lol: I really have no idea what happened and I doubt anyone came into the garden because we have high fences and two high locked gates to get through :?

Im just so relieved our neighbours just moved out though because they had a vicious cat that used to attack us so I am very lucky :shock:

The side gate actually catches on the path at the bottom so no gap at all.. only one side of my garden has a fence, the other side is walled and the end is the garage.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can so imagine them doing that :lol: :lol: :lol:

To the tune of The Great Escape!!:lol: :lol:

There is no way Beau could have opened the door because the opening bits are on the outside :lol: I really have no idea what happened and I doubt anyone came into the garden because we have high fences and two high locked gates to get through :?

Im just so relieved our neighbours just moved out though because they had a vicious cat that used to attack us so I am very lucky :shock:

That was the even funnier bit.. my cat was sat looking though the cat flap, busting for a wee but too scared to go outside for fear of being attacked by a scary rabbit!!:lol:

The side gate actually catches on the path at the bottom so no gap at all.. only one side of my garden has a fence, the other side is walled and the end is the garage.

They'll have their spoons out and be digging out somewhere ;) they just hide them when you're looking :lol: :lol:

Beau was in the garden when I came down this morning too :shock: Luckily the run door hadnt blown shut so he could get back to the hutch if he wanted, and our garden is secure. I have no idea how he got out though :? The run door has two twisty bits of wood to close it and it was definetly shut because I fed them last night at the usual time and then got up out of bed at about half 11 to because I thought I had forgotten to check their water bottles were full, and I went right up to the run with the torch and looked through the door part without opening it :? Trip and Scarlett werent happy though, he probably sat right next to their run all night winding them up :roll: :lol:

If these are the closures on some hutches which swivel round with a central screw in it, ARC have had a number of people saying that they have seen foxes playing with these trying to open the hutches. As these have been used a few times they also become looser. I would always recomennd bolts on hutches and runs to maintain them more secure.

If these are the closures on some hutches which swivel round with a central screw in it, ARC have had a number of people saying that they have seen foxes playing with these trying to open the hutches. As these have been used a few times they also become looser. I would always recomennd bolts on hutches and runs to maintain them more secure.

There are no foxes where I live, but yes those are the type im talking about :D My garden is surrounded by high walls and high fences and gates so there is no way a dog or anything could have gotten in. I can only think of a cat but the only ones who ever came in were the neighbours cats, and they have gone now :? I will make the run more secure but I think its just something like I only closed one and it must have been loose and just dropped open.

my cat was sat looking though the cat flap

Smirnoff was sat at the cat flap meowing waiting for it to be opened when I got up :lol: She was looking like how come he was allowed to play out at night :lol:

Foxs can jump big walls tho :? My sister and her fiance spotted 3 foxs lerking around our street so we keep our 2 cats indoors now,luckily my buns are indoor for the winter or i wud of had them all in my bedroom :lol:
I had a little triangle run wen my 2 older buns were babys and i put bricks up against the loose end and they actually turned around and kicked it open with there back legs! talk about kung fu buns :lol: :lol:

I have never seen a fox near here in the 7 years I've lived here.. sure I know there must be some around but never seen them

Foxs can jump big walls tho :? My sister and her fiance spotted 3 foxs lerking around our street so we keep our 2 cats indoors now,luckily my buns are indoor for the winter or i wud of had them all in my bedroom :lol:
I had a little triangle run wen my 2 older buns were babys and i put bricks up against the loose end and they actually turned around and kicked it open with there back legs! talk about kung fu buns :lol: :lol:

I know they can jump big walls but I already said there are no foxes here. If there were then my hutches and runs would have bolts on them :D

Back