• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny attacking cat!

flowergirls

Warren Scout
Hi
Posted about my new 'rescue' bun Blackberry- she has well and truly made herself at home- she seems to be litter trained already. She has had a few carefully observed hops around our downstairs area and has been mingling with the 3 cats.
In the last few minutes though she has attacked my poor cat Charlie while he was eating his dinner. She mounted him and bit him- not too bad- but the fur flew a bit.
I know she must be hormonal and that's why the previous owners got rid of her- but poor Charlie!!
Roll on the New Year and she can be spayed.
Do you think the spay will stop that kind of behaviour? Help!

Charlie mounted my Mum's cat when I took him over there before he was neutered. I'd just keep bun away from the cats until she's spayed so she doesn't annoy them incase they get too cross and fight back .

Charlie mounted my Mum's cat when I took him over there before he was neutered. I'd just keep bun away from the cats until she's spayed so she doesn't annoy them incase they get too cross and fight back .

Thanks. Yes I think they will be keeping well away from her anyway but I will keep them apart. She is completely fearless of them. Will females mount as well as males d'you think??- maybe 'she's' a boy- her previous owners aren't that reliable.

Spaying may well help as it could partly be a territory issue :)

Do be careful as rabbit can cause nasty injuries, I remember someone's cat needing 10 stitches after an attack from a rabbit!

Tamsin

Back