• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

biting

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
i went out before to clean the rabbits when i came to Crystal she started biting my hand :shock: so hard she managed to draw blood, shes never done this before :? shes gone from licking my hand to biting over night :( any ideas why shes doing this?

xxx

How old is she? Has she been spayed?

It could be a territorial response to you being in her space - possibly linked to teenage hormones.

It could be that your hand had a threatening smell on it????

No joke tho, bunny bites hurt. If she persists I suggest investing in some thick gloves or try and distract her if you are wanting to move or touch 'her' stuff.

my cadbury started biting a couple of days ago. not aggressively, but proper digging his teeth in. i hope its just a scent i had on my hand as it was like i wonder what this tastes like kind of bite.

if it is hormonal then spaying will hopefully sort yours out, but maybe she was just a bit grumpy and didn't want cleaning out :roll:

Crystals 2 1/2 years old and has been speyed for nearly 2 years now shes such a friendly rabbit, thinking about it though i had just put food in her dish so maybe she bit my hand thinking it was food as thats what id just had in my hand and also id just cleaned out Mistys hutch so i could have had his scent on my hands ah well il just make sure to wash my hands in future before putting it in her hutch lol she didnt do it today so im hoping it was just a one off.

xx

Back