• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my freecyle rescue

kellycartmel

Warren Scout
Last week someone listed their boy rabbits on freecycle, the same day someone had posted looking for rabbits for bird of prey feed.

So I said i'd take them to save them being a birds dinner!

Last night we went to collect 1 of them, the wee one who was being bullied by the other one! They are both gorgeous bunnies, their only problem is that their boy bits are intact so they were bound to fight! We took the white one (snowy) home as he'd been bitten a few times by the grey one. We have the vet with him tomorrow to make sure he's ok.

As the woman had brought them inside we suggested that if she wanted to try keeping the grey one indoors as a house rabbit that it was fine but if she deffo didn't want him then we'd arrange transport to get him up here (they were giving away the hutch too), so we might have him after the weekend/xmas.

Anyway here are a few pics of snowy who I am going to bond with cassie once we've had him de-plummed!

DSCF0464.jpg

DSCF0463.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

his bite on his back (also a wee bit sore on his nose)

DSCF0460.jpg

If it was the dundee freecycle i saw that add too. Said her little boy wasnt interested in them or something. If it same ones am glad you got them.

It sure is, when I went down it looked like she was the one doing everything for them.

The other one is an absolute stunner and certainly not the dwarf or mini lop she was told it is!

She was also told by her vet she didn't need to vaccinate as they wouldn't be out in a run :roll: And the pet shop told her 2 boys would live happily together :roll: If she decides not to keep the other one and we go back for him we're getting the hutch, its a massive 2 tier p@h one!

Well done you for taking them on :D

I have a freecycle rabbit who came from awful conditions. I got so much pleasure out of seeing her change and her personality come out.

We ought to do a photo thread of bunnies from freecycle and the free ads.

Amy

So glad you rescused these little buns kelly!! :) its really sad when people dont do enough research into the pets there buying - there'd be alot less unwanted animals if they did! Also quite sad to see she wudnt give the bun a chance to be indoors!
my 3 buns are indoor buns and I think they make absolute fantastic pets to have indoors, mine keep me amused for hours with there shannigans :lol:
Score with the rabbit hutch ;) :lol: (Saying that after taking 2 bun it wud b quite cheeky not to give u the hutch too!)

Awww poor little nose. Im glad you were able to help him. Hopefully the lady will look after the other one a bit better

Aww his poor little nose, Is that a bite? :(

It is :(

He's been to the vet this morning, had a myxi jab and had the bites checked, we've to take him back in 10 days if the nose one isn't significantly better. He also is infested with ear mites so we have drops for that too.

He'll get neutered in a month, she could've fitted him in tomorrow but because we've only had him 2 days she wants us to know his personality and how he is day to day so that we can make sure he's acting normally after surgery.

He's such a lovely wee thing, very very easy to handle and loves a cuddle and nose rubs. He'll make a perfect husbun for cassie when he's sorted!

Aww hes beautiful, and weldone you. and oh man i have people near me! i stay 10mins away from dundee :lol: :lol:

Well am glad you can give him a good home. I offered to take them and try and find a suitable home if she couldnt find one - but luckily she ignored me and chose you :lol:

I'm going back for the other one too, she emailed last night because she really hasn't a clue what she's doing and want's him to go to a good home too.

Wait until you see him - he's absolutely stunning! He'll likely have to stay indoors for a bit though because she's had him inside since Wednesday now. Dunno where he'll go, probably the bathroom!

Awww so glad they are both in safe hands :D

He is gorgeous! What are their names? Can't wait to see the pics of the other lad!

Back