• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male rabbit is making a nest

MollyMay

Warren Scout
The other morning I went out, and I noticed that my MALE rabbit was making a nest. His mouth was stuffed with hay, and he was beginning to make a nest. He is definately male, because he has been neutered. I thought only female rabbits made nests, not male rabbits, is this normal behaviour for a male rabbit.
He lives on his own.

Yes maybe he is a very particular boy, he does his poos in the same place and he hates you disturbing his hay and straw

:) im smiling because my male use to do the same - he tends o go thro stages. i would find him with a mouthful of hay running round the lounge, christ knows what he was going to do with it. Then he would run back into his cage when i gave chase. It became a very funny game.

alpha

:) im smiling because my male use to do the same - he tends o go thro stages. i would find him with a mouthful of hay running round

Yes, Merlin was having one of his 'stages' the other day - he's had them on & off since he had the snip. Bless 'im - think he's in touch with his feminine side :D :oops: :D

Our male (Frosty) is very particular. We have a small bin in the lounge and when he is free running about there if he gets the urge to poop or wee he hops into the bin...

He has trained himself to do this and actually its quite useful. Self-cleaning bunny!

Its even funnier if you move the bin as he pushes it back to its "proper" place so that he can hop in and out.

Back