• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Erin and Dr Finlay

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Picture1838.jpg

Erin is so much better :D She remains on abx for her chronic Snuffles but she has had *no symptoms* for over a week :D We are looking at reducing the dose of abx after Christmas.
Dr Finlay is a really funny old Bun and considering his age (10-11 years) he is very active!! :D

For comparison this is how Erin looked when she arrived :cry:

Picture1317.jpg

Janex

Wow Jane - what a difference :D She really is a stunning bun - you must be very proud of her.

Can i ask what abx is? And does Erin's snuffles include discharge etc.? I'm just curious as Fae's sneezing doesnt seem to clearing up :(

Wow Jane - what a difference :D She really is a stunning bun - you must be very proud of her.

Can i ask what abx is? And does Erin's snuffles include discharge etc.? I'm just curious as Fae's sneezing doesnt seem to clearing up :(

Sorry 'abx' is shorthand for antibiotics :)
Erin was started off on Baytril injections 10mg/kg daily. This was then changed to Oral Septrin 30mg/kg daily. Whilst this did bring about some improvement Erin was still snotty and sneezy. As she was so thin and frail me and our Vet were reluctant to put her on anything more heavy duty. So she was put back onto Baytril but this time it was given orally at a dose of 10mg/kg very 12 hours. This seems to be the most effective so far.

Janex

Thanks Jane :D

Hopefully we'll see an improvement with Fae then - she's only been on it 3 days but still seems snuffly :(

Sending huge vibes and nose rubs to Erin :D xx

Thanks Jane :D

Hopefully we'll see an improvement with Fae then - she's only been on it 3 days but still seems snuffly :(

Sending huge vibes and nose rubs to Erin :D xx

Quite often very long courses of antibiotics are needed.
Is she snotty too or are her sneezes dry ?

Janex

Back