• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My New Hutch Cover... Pic added

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
Well it arrived today and it is fantastic:D custom made to fit my hutch, didn't take them long to make either. Will get some photos of it asap and post them. I would highly reccommend this bloke if anyone else is interested in getting a cover themselves, his prices are really reasonable and delivery was pretty good too.

Last edited:
Ooh yes please I'd be interested.:D All the outdoor buns are in sheds but my 'emergency' hutches have no covers ( other than make shift stuff) so it would be nice to have a purpose built cover 'just in case' I may need to use one.

Yes it was that guy from ebay.. dealt with him direct though. I'll get a pic of it tommorrow (if I can get the camera working:roll: )

I paid £72.95 (including p&p) for it which for a double thermal hutch cover I thought was great. The Scratch & Newton one of a similar size would have been over £150!! :shock:

Thanks for recommending him :D It would be so much easier to buy a cover for Buu and Beau's new hutch. It was a bit of a nightmare trying to make Trip and Scarletts :lol:

It probably will but im having a hutch delivered so might as well get a cover for it at the same time :shock: :lol:

This is what I made for Trip and Scarlett's hutch and it is good for keeping them dry but I have trouble lifting it off by myself and it doesnt actually cover the whole run. And my bunnies choose to sit right where they will get wet when its raining :roll: :lol:

DSC04361.jpg

Buu and Beau are having a double storey hutch so it would probably be a lot easier to have a cover that just fits over it properly :D x

We went from this ... bubble wrap central! :oops:

RIMG0905.jpg

To this .. posh cover:D

Hutchcover1.jpg

The sides and the back are full length top to bottom and the front come to the top of the run. It has a clear daytime cover and a night cover for the front, both of which have ventalation holes. It is all insulated with the silver stuff on the inside and velcros together down the sides and accross the front.

Hutchcover12.jpg

For the time being I will stick to the clear plastic cover for the run though

we use tarpauling which we cut to fit, and then used them little popper hings to stick it to the sides at night, and uses greens oft netting stuff (hard 2 explain its 4 gardening) undeneath as insulation, and it was stuff we already owned :D:D

I paid £72.95 (including p&p) for it which for a double thermal hutch cover I thought was great. The Scratch & Newton one of a similar size would have been over £150!!

Back