• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Pebbles :(

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
is really sad :(

i went out to see her this morning she she grunted at me, and then when i went to stroke her she started..like making whiny noises, ltos of little ones, then when i stroked her again domino ran at her and pushed her out the way...but they always look so loved up and cuddly, i dont know why shes so sad :(

shes eating pooping, shows no signs of illness or pain

:(

its such a strange noise. it isnt like the grunt which is agressive, its like little whimpers..which sound sad

Poppy is being a madam, she won't go back in her hutch and dives under it when I try and catch her, she also sneaks into the house at every opportunity and hides in the corner behind a vase. I think she wants to be a houserabbit even though she looks like a little woolly mammoth with her winter coat :lol:

Charlie did that when bonding.. wanted out of the situation and a cuddle. But he thumped with his grunt and would wimper with it too... btu I knew that was cos he was not happy in the bonding situation. (I also knew later he was hurt too)
Can be a sign of stress, fear or annoyance as far as I know :? Has Ms Pebbles had mood swings before? Maybe give both Pebbles and Domino a group hug on your lap? Myabe they are jealous of attention given to Poppy and Scampi? Hope not :(

well ill be honest past few weeks they havent had much attention, i mean theyve been out in the run,, and always clean etc, but with cookie being here ill, and been keeping an eye on PB and J cus they keep spatting, i havent had much time for cuddles!problem is, pebbles hates being cuddles, she wont wiggle but her breathing tells me shes afraid so i dnt usually bother as it frightenes her...so i doubt its that.

Have you given her a proper check over SJ? I know its hard to find anything with all the fur (my biggest nightmare at the mo!!)... or let her have a hop round on her own just incase she has hurt smthn?
Is it just the once she has made these noises?

When Charlie did them he was on his hind legs begging for me to pick him up and when I wouldnt (so harsh of me!) he woudl just sit and look all on edge and thump with another grunt or whimper.. horrible thinking of it now :(

Perhaps they have had a marital disagreement about Pebble's modelling career?

Barley was really grumpy at the weekend, eating and stuff, just wouldn't interact. He seems more cheerful this week though! They can be a worry can't they!

Hannah

Flopsy was in a strop for a couple of days and I don't know why. Funny but it co-incided with his carpet being peed on (in hutch) in the corner so not sure if it was him not happy with jem peeing on it or him being in a mood for peeing on it.:?

Once the carpet was washed, dried and replaced he was a happy bun again. Doesn't like newspaper on his floor.:lol:

Very houseproud bun.:shock:

lots opf strange bunny behaviour about. someone was mentioning it in another thread yesterday. my two seem a bit offish and i've only had them a fortnight, in particular cadbury. doesn't want cuddles, wriggles if you try to pick him up, keeps trying to bite my hand, then yesterday kept trying to hump minstrel everytime i went out there - on the head of all places :shock:

hubby wondered if its climate change and they think its spring????:roll:

she did it again this morning. yet right now i can see her binkying VERY high and fast round the run. her and domino have been playing together all daym both grooming each other...i jus dnt know.

my mum thinks shes cold. so they have even more straw tonight to see if thats what she supset about

My buns are hating cuddles atm too,there liking to be just left alone to hop about and play with there toys and come over for a stroke only if they want it,funny buns :lol:

im jus leaving her too it cus shes obviously happy, she did flops in the run and ive neva seen her so happy. it jus makes me sad that she seems so afraid of me :(

If its any consolation my two are liek that at teh moment (prob all the hibbyscrubbing for their wounds!) they scarper whenever i'm near!!! Hvae been like it for over a week but last night Charlie was binkying around the room for literally 10-15 mins!! And then Molly started and then this morning they have taken to hand feeding again - thye were off this for the time too :?
Think they just have mood swings just like we do.. sometimes we like to be left alone and are grumpy for no real reason.. like they say we take things out on the ones we love the most, sure they are just the same and the fact that you're their mum means you get it but only cos they care enough to direct it your way :D

Could it be a different smell or something that is upsetting her?

Have you perhaps been using a different soap to wash your hands or something:?

Sound wierd I know, but they can be very sensitive to smells.

nah, i use different soaps n sprays everyday lol and have dun since ive kept bunnies, never affected any of them. i think its the cold, shes only like it in the mornings x

Back