• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big Fight!U/D fighting again?

Amy & Amber

Staff member
Amber and Tim have just had a MASSIVE fight?
There was *ALOT* of fur flying, Tim was being very aggressive?
What can I do? Ive had to separate them as it got out of hand?
Have I done the right thing? They have been fine for 6 weeks?
I know this is prob in the wrong section....... sorry

Last edited:
Hi amy:wave:

the same happened to my pair on sunday:cry: neither was hurt but it was a very bad fight. I seperated them, and now they've lost there bond:cry: hope tim and amber will stay bonded:(

Last edited:
awww hun im really sorry. I dont know what to advise but I think you have probably done the right thing, if it was really bad. Im sure someone will be along soon to offer some good advice.
Sallyx

Had to go to emergency vet will keep you all updated. Tim has got a massive chuck of skin missing. :cry: :cry: x x

:wave:
Well they seem to be ok, Tim has got a chunk of fur and a little graze on his back from Ambers claw I think? :?
Im going to the vets again today to get some cream for him, he has had some metacam for the pain. I was so worried I didnt sleep all nite incase he became really ill :cry: :cry: But he seems ok:D , hes eating,weeing,poohing, and playing. I dont know what caused it but Amber keeps trying to nip me too? Is there a bunny nipping bug going round? :lol: :roll:
Thanks for all your concerns xxxx

:wave:
Well they seem to be ok, Tim has got a chunk of fur and a little graze on his back from Ambers claw I think? :?
Im going to the vets again today to get some cream for him, he has had some metacam for the pain. I was so worried I didnt sleep all nite incase he became really ill :cry: :cry: But he seems ok:D , hes eating,weeing,poohing, and playing. I dont know what caused it but Amber keeps trying to nip me too? Is there a bunny nipping bug going round? :lol: :roll:
Thanks for all your concerns xxxx

:D glad it wasn't too bad quick healing <<<<<<vibes>>>>>>>

I think there must be a nipping bug going round:lol: Lily is back to nipping me and mum again:roll: not even going to risk another rebonding attempt til shes calmer

awww, hope your buns will be ok Amy. Cadbury has been tryin to bite my fingers the past couple of days and suddenly doesn't like being picked up - how bizarre. :?

Well they were fine for a day and night then, this morning there was a massive fight I had to spilt them up and got bitten badly on my hand. I had to grab Tim and pick him up as she was pining him down. :cry:
He has bitten my shoulder as I think he was still in fight mode.
What is going on? Please tell me. Nothing is different at all? Im really upset as they have been great for weeks now.
:cry: :cry:

Hey Hun, There seems to be loads of girly buns in BIG moody's atm! Rhias the same, grunting & nipping me etc, and was chasing Jen yesterday morning (Definately NOT a good idea!!!) Also had an email y/day from a friend of a friend who's girly bunster has turned into a monster overnight :roll: X

Hey Hun, There seems to be loads of girly buns in BIG moody's atm! Rhias the same, grunting & nipping me etc, and was chasing Jen yesterday morning (Definately NOT a good idea!!!) Also had an email y/day from a friend of a friend who's girly bunster has turned into a monster overnight :roll: X

What can I do? x x :cry:

oh, poor you and poor buns! wish i could advise, but i really can't. just hoping everything will get sorted for you :wave:

When Egg got a husbun (Tuesday), they were right as rain at the rescue all day - bit of chasing, sniffing, and generally flirty, and they were fine back at home in the evening - however late in the evening, Egg was sat down in her cage when Tuesday decided he wanted to sit where she was and being quite a lot bigger than her, just nosed her out the way....

Well - fur definitely went flying - Tuesday was doing 'wall of death' round the cage with Egg snapping at him... He eventually found refuge in the poo tray and stayed there for the next 2 days.... with Egg snapping at him if he even looked like he was going to try and venture out... So I think you can guess who wears the trousers.
They eventually settled down, but things sparked again when Tuesday wouldn't lick Egg (Egg is a very licky bunny, and would preen tuesday, but he wouldn't return the favour, so Egg would get the hump and chase/bite him). Eventually with smearing banana on eggs head, and lifting tuesday up to it, he just about got the idea.... but he's not that bright, so he still gets chased when he's not behaving appropriately!

So I guess my advice would be leave them to it as long as they is no blood - they are just figuring out their relationship, and who is boss (sounds like Amber has ideas about that) - if you can see what is causing the problems (i.e. if it's behavioural) then it might be worth intervening, but it sounds like it's just 'storming' to me.

There has been alot of blood and cuts! so have had to be separated! :lol:
They cant even look at each other x

Back