• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

abscess, draining problem

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
hi all.
Still having problems with Joon's abscess. The hole for flushing keeps healing and i am back and forth to the vet for him to open it up. There is still pus coming out but i feel that i am not flushing it well enough. he did think about putting a drain in but thought she might try and scratch it out as it is in her eye socket (eye has been removed). Any tips?

As the abscess is being drained, have you try to put antibiotic impregnated bead?

in particular, drainage of retrobulbar space by aspiration, followed by flushing and placement of antibiotic impregnated bead? Your vet has to do this, unless he shows you the steps and you are comfy with it.

keep us posted

thanks, we did consider that but because of it's position it may be a bit dangerous if it goes through her mouth. we are adding tiacil drops which has similar ingredients to try and help break the pus up.

Oh no, I've not done an eye one, but done others. I just regulary soaked it in warm water to stop it scabbing.

Back