• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cherry Bun

angel_night

Mama Doe
I got a new rabbit in half term, an english spot doe called Cherry hehe. She is 2 years old.

She is gorgeous and SO sweet natured. She has come from a breeder, but she is so compassionate about ehr rabbits, and would do ANYTHING for them. They live in amazing conditions, are all so friendly and are just lovely. She is a good friend of mine, and has an incredible knowledge of buns. She could no longer keep most of buns as they were moving into rented accomodation (she won't be breeding anymore either). She really wanted me to have Cherry as she means a lot to her, but she can't take her with her and knows I'll look after her really well. My rabbit Dusty is from this lady, and is an amazng rabbit.

Cherry has settled in really well. Bonding is taking awhile, but we are getting there. I've bonded so well with her, and it feels like I've had her forever. She is incredibly sweet natured and just lovely.

078.jpg

074.jpg

084.jpg

She has had kits, and so I was wondering if she still needed to be spayed to try and prevent cancer. I know with dogs that if they don't have pupies or are soayed they can get a potentially fatal illness and I'm not sure if the same applies to rabbits?

Ruth xx

Last edited:
Hi:wave: Cherry is beautiful. I would say its in the best interest of the rabbit to get her spayed when she has had time to settle in. The pro's of spaying definately outweigh the con's

I believe bitches can still get pyometra (sp) even if they have been bred from.

An unspeyed female can still get uterine cancer even if she has had a litter.

She is a lovely looking rabbit!

Thanks for the information :D . I'll see if I cna get her spayed sometime after Christmas.

Hehe. She is a gorgeous bun, even if I do say so myself! And so sweet natured too!

Today she did a binky in her hutch when I went out to see to them all in the morning. It's the first tiem she has binkied when she has seen me, so I was over the moon! And by the looks of it, so was she lol.

Ruth xx

Back