• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ingested Candle Wax :s

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Of the solid variety.

Lexie has just helped herself to a few mouthfuls of my christmas candles, which cant be a good thing. :shock:

I have horrid visions of it clumping inside her as it softens, sat her down with a huge pile of hay to push it through.

Any other ideas? Has anyone elses rabbit done this?

I have no idea why it looked tasty, its not even scented.

I should think candle wax would go through fine. It's fairly inert so not going to upset the gut bacteria. Chewed it will be in smallish pieces. Rabbits aren't that hot it won't melt together ;) Its soft so no sharp edges and it's not going to absorb water and dry out the gut.

Tamsin

Maddie has tried this too - a nice "Christmas Scents" one. It came out the other end no problem - although it took a few minutes for me to realise what the strange looking poos were probably caused by! It didn't seem to soften at all, just went through "as it was".

I'd prescribe lots of hay anyway!

Thanks I had a moment of panic!

She is munching her hay quite happily (good because its the expensive stuff :roll:) so I will just keep an eye out for its reappearance.

Back