• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on the Nottingham 3

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Well things seemed to have come to a stand still with Barney and Roxy at one and of the Kitchen and Mo at the other but after following Sooz22's advice and taking out the litter trays things seem to have improved significantly. I've put a big pile of hay in the middle and have just given them some spring greens and they've all been sitting together tucking into them. I am especially please as its the first veg Mo has eaten since he had some teeth removed. So hopefully things will now run a bit more smoothly.

Thanks for your help everyone:thumb:

Glad to have helped :D

TBH I am amazed it took me so long to pick up on the litter tray thing :oops: I wonder how much hassel I could have saved myself if I had realised earlier.

Lol, I noticed when bonding the two Gyp's that she spent the initial time sitting in the litter tray and him at the furthest end. When he finally got up the courage to see her she chased him away and a scuffle broke out because he had invaded 'her' litter tray.

It provides a refuge but one that they are trained to defecate and therefor mark so it inadvertently becomes the territory of the one rabbit who 'claims' it first.

I took it away and there were no more issues and the bonding progressed smoothly from there on.

Needless to say I no longer provide litter trays during bonding.

Lol, I noticed when bonding the two Gyp's that she spent the initial time sitting in the litter tray and him at the furthest end. When he finally got up the courage to see her she chased him away and a scuffle broke out because he had invaded 'her' litter tray.

It provides a refuge but one that they are trained to defecate and therefor mark so it inadvertently becomes the territory of the one rabbit who 'claims' it first.

I took it away and there were no more issues and the bonding progressed smoothly from there on.

Needless to say I no longer provide litter trays during bonding.

Thats why my two didnt bond easily to start with, I took everything out in the end ! Amber would sit in it constantly......
I didnt think about it till you just said!
Amy x x x

That is so basic, so obvious! Probably why we hadn't thought of it either :roll: ! Future bondings will be minus litter trays for us too.

Neil

That is so basic, so obvious! Probably why we hadn't thought of it either :roll: ! Future bondings will be minus litter trays for us too.

Neil

Absolutely! I have found that you need to keep on top on general cleaning. I've been cleaning the kitchen floor every night (quite necessary with rabbit wee and poo everywhere!) but I went out last night so didn't get chance and I noticed today that they had established corners again.

I must admit a slight reluctance and thinking am I unlitter training them? Hopefully they'll remember when they go back on carpet :rolleyes:

Absolutely! I have found that you need to keep on top on general cleaning. I've been cleaning the kitchen floor every night (quite necessary with rabbit wee and poo everywhere!) but I went out last night so didn't get chance and I noticed today that they had established corners again.

I must admit a slight reluctance and thinking am I unlitter training them? Hopefully they'll remember when they go back on carpet :rolleyes:

I didnt have issues getting the Gyps back into the tray again, I just let them pick a corner.

You can put paper down, they dont seem to sit on that like they do the trays. I guess because its not comfy.

I didnt have issues getting the Gyps back into the tray again, I just let them pick a corner.

You can put paper down, they dont seem to sit on that like they do the trays. I guess because its not comfy.

thats ok then :D I have put some down and they seem to like sitting on it cos its warmer than the floor.

Back