• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor little Hershey :( Has been Reserved :)

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
I had a lovely agouti Dwarf Lop aarive last night, very overweight.

She had been brought by the couples daughter whilst at university and then left with the parents when she graduated and moved out. They have tried their best but clearly didn't know what they were doing and admitted they were fed up with caring for her.

Hershey is very overweight and consequently could not clean her rear end. She had dried poo, in huge lumps, stuck not only to her bottom but to her genitals themselves :cry: :cry: her claws were so long most had snapped off and three have an exposed quick (!!!) which has hardened but must have been very uncomfy at the time.

Her dew claw on her left paw was growing into the base of her foot.

I really feel for her but for once I think coming into rescue was the best xmas pressie this bunny could have gotten, which is an incredibly sad fact. :cry:

Last edited:
Poor little Hershey.:cry: :cry: :cry:

But I am VERY happy that she is with you now, and will be able to enjoy a happy, comfortable Christmas and then hopefully find a loving, knowledgeable Forever Home!!!!!:D

poor love. Hope she has a lovely xmas with you. She will think she is in heaven being all clean and cared for!
Any pics?

I will get some later....she was pretty stressed out after her intensive trimming last night!

Finally got piccies of this lovely lady for you:

27-09-07_2330.jpg

27-09-07_2331.jpg

27-09-07_2332.jpg

awww shes lovely :D

its often the case with these bunnies that their problems are caused by lack of knowledge and understanding rather than diliberate cruelty . :(

thank goodness they decided to give her up now before things got worse.:)

Back