• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

young male spraying

redd1800

Warren Scout
Nermal has been spraying everywhere he can since we got him a couple months ago. He's almost cute enough to get away with it, but we've been hoping it would calm down and have been investing in anti-bacterial wet wipes and air freshener.

He was neutured yesterday, will this stop the spraying?

Yes it should do :) The spraying is hormonal and the neutering takes away the hormones, so he should stop soon. It can take up to 4 weeks for all the hormones to leave though. Bailey sprayed a lot before I had him done, but never afterwards, he calmed down really quickly. Hope your boy does too :)

I agree with the other two posts. I would add though that one of my boys still sprays occasionally, it's usually directed at me when I am trying to get him in in the evening! :lol:

thats great, thanks!!!

coped with it daily for a good few weeks now, so can manage for couple more. Don't mind the odd one in the long term, just good to know its going to calm down soon.

:wave: Barney sprayed my legs every morning until he was neutered and then he stopped not long afterwards once his hormones had settled - it toook him like a week but i think that is quite short - often takes longer.

Back