• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Polo U/D shes dying =(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
had to take an unexpected trip to the vets tonight because Polo wasnt eating, she was grinding her teeth and was passing diarrhoea anyway the vet examined Polo and felt a blockage in her tummy :cry: shes now on fibreplex been given a pain killer and is on pro biotics Polos back at the vets on Thursday... what i dont understand is why did the vet give fibreplex and probiotics for a blockage? i thought they would xray etc. im aware Polo is far to young for them to operate on at the moment anyway im just abit concerned with the treatment because i cant really see how its going to help :?

and Polo is a girl and Rolo is a boy :roll: vet nurse got mixed up because the names sound the same :roll: i still dont understand how that happened either but ah well :?

Last edited:
Did she have an antibiotic(and hopefully a gut motility drug) as well? This can upset the gut flora, so you need probiotics too. I can't remember if fibreplex has them in already though.

Lots of vibes

FC xx

i dont actually know what she was given she was given an injection which im sur ethe vet said was a painkiller then she gave me some fibreplex and probiotic :? im really worried now i dont feel satisfied with the stuff given :?

Did she have an antibiotic(and hopefully a gut motility drug) as well? This can upset the gut flora, so you need probiotics too. I can't remember if fibreplex has them in already though.

Lots of vibes

FC xx

If she has a blockage she should not be given a gut stimulant. Fiberplex is primarily a probiotic.

Polos diarrhoea is actually getting worse :shock: its gone extremely watery and smelly her bum and legs are covered, shes taking no interest in foos what so ever could i seringe feed her? or could this make her worse? shes lay in one spot all day she isnt hunched up or grinding her teeth so im guesing she isn in pain. should i ring the vets today and get an appointment or should i wait until tomorrow when shes back at the vets again. my main worry now is the gut without food its just going to stop moving. :?

awww poor Polo:cry: :cry: I would of thought the vets would be the best option, but im no expert, im sure someone will be along soon. Sending lots of vibes for Polo.
Sallyx

Oh no! Poor Polo, Are you taking her straight to the vets as an emergency- I would. I really hope she gets better.

Sending lots of healing vibes for little Polo.

i dont actually know what she was given she was given an injection which im sur ethe vet said was a painkiller then she gave me some fibreplex and probiotic :? im really worried now i dont feel satisfied with the stuff given :?

Please do question your vet & make sure they explain everything they give her & why. If you don't feel happy with the care she's being given, don't be afraid to say so.
If she has a blockage giving her liquids (boiled water when left to cool to a warm temperature mixed with Bio Lapis & fresh pineapple juice) via syringe & very gentle tummy rubs can help to break things down. Infacol helps too. In the past this method really helped me out of the same situation you're going through.

Get well little girl. xxxx

you want to make sure there is no soft food such as veggies or fruit. One trick I use is to hold tight a bundle of hay. Rabbit's nature is to chew anything that is in their way, so w/ my rabbit, I hold tight a bundle of hay just in front of her mouth, and as she chew it and bite it down, some get into her system.

You need to find out the cause of blockage, if it is fur, use pineapple enzyme chew

How old are these little guys now? Sadly young rabbits are exceptionally vunerable in the first couple of months of life because their immune systems are not yet fully functional and their stomachs have often not built up the required balance to deal with an adult diet.

I have heard of success giving Zantac to young weanlings as they move onto an adult diet.

However it sounds like Polo is past that stage at the moment and her bad gut bacteria is multiplying out of control. I think it is vital she gets onto either SC fluids or a drip as the main issue currently is dehydration which will compact problems with her gut later on.

Possible causes at the moment could be Mucoid Enteritis, Enterotoxemia or even Coccidia.

Its urgent she s given intensive madical support as soon as possible.

well hes being kept in at the vets :cry: when i got to the vets Polo had gone floppy :cry: i want to keep hope that she'll recover but part of me knows that she will probably not make it :cry: shes only 6 weeks old i had started weaning her and Rolo maybe it was to early to start weaning? :cry:

Back