• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

homecheck question

LavenderLamb

Young Bun
I have posted here as I am not a rescue or a homechecker.

Who is suitable / used to do homechecks if you need someone out of your area?

The reason I ask is that I wish to adopt a rabbit and a rehoming place in a neighbouring county wants me to be home checked so this forum may be asked for someone to home check me.

if I am being home checked to make sure I have the facilities etc that I say I have but who checks that the home checkers are genuine? I don't just want any old one coming around my home that I don't know or trust myself - I have nothing to hide but need to feel safe myself.

thats a good point. i suppose its how well the rescue knows the homechecker but maybe you should ask questions like, how long have they know them, how long have they been homechecking, how long have they themselves had buns etc etc. also maybe ask what the person coming round looks like so you know before hand so kinda know the right person is coming into your home

thanks for that

I just feel it is silly if the person is just some random forum member as if that is the case I could just home check myself

My friend is a senior veterinary nurse with many years of experience and I would suggest her as a home checker but she is not a member here!

Back