• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried my buns not drinking UPDATE she is drinking

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I have a 10 week old doe who I got on Sunday, however im worried she isn't drinking. She is eating fine and pooing fine, but her water level never seems to go down. I cant tell if she is drinking enough or not. I was going to mark her water bottle but it occasionally drips anyway so it may not be accurate. Any advice?
Sallyx

Last edited:
I have started putting warm water in their bottle in this weather. Is she outside? Also, make sure the tip of the bottle is at a good height for them to drink from.

Check that it is not blocked in any way, also try putting a few drops of apple juice in to it entice her to start drinking again :D also try a bowl and see if she will take a drink from that. x

I have started putting warm water in their bottle in this weather. Is she outside? Also, make sure the tip of the bottle is at a good height for them to drink from.

She is in my shed which is fully insulated and I have been checking on the bottles and none of them have froze, also I made sure it is at her height:D
Sallyx

Check that it is not blocked in any way, also try putting a few drops of apple juice in to it entice her to start drinking again :D also try a bowl and see if she will take a drink from that. x

I checked earlier and it's not blocked, I will also try a bowl. It's so difficult to know if she is drinking enough:cry:
Sallyx

I had the same issue when I first got Piper, I swear she didn't drink for the first week I had her! I did what everyone is suggesting and put a bowl and a water bottle in her cage as I wasn't sure what she was used to drinking from.

Back