• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many rabbits is your limit?

casu consulto

Mama Doe
I'm being nosey, hehe. ^^;

I've only ever kept two rabbits at a time, but hopefully shall be adopting another two, along with my current pair, early next year. For the past year or so I've felt that my 'limit' would be four, because I believe I have enough room for that number in terms of hutch space, and run space, and, of course, funding. But I know many people on this forum have lots of bunnies, so I'm wondering what other people have as their limit?

Don't think I would go to more than my two - they are handful enough:lol:

Only have a smallish garden and wouldn't have room for anymore - like to keep all my spare time for the two I have and would be worried I wouldn't have time for anymore.

Erm...good question.

I terms of my own rabbits, definitely no more than 10 as an absolute maximum (I currently have 9).

As for fosters, I think that would depend on what other committments I have at the time.

The most rabbits I've ever had here was 18, and that was a bit of a struggle.

Amy

I have thirteen of my own and 5 fosters here right now :D I wouldnt have anymore of my own. I have thirteen beauties :D :lol:

I have 2 of my own. I also foster 2 pairs for the RSPCA. i also have 5 piggies. Hard work but i love every minute of it.:p

My limit is two at the moment, mainly because I don't have room and hubby doesn't want any more. If it were up to me and I had the space I'd like to have six! Maybe some day!

I think a lot depends on your circumstances...i.e. if you have small children to care for, or work long hours, or don't drive (might be difficult taking more than 2 carriers on the bus!).

Amy

My limit is 1! I have three :D
I think my limit is flexible really. I think if it was my own place four would be great.

My dad's pretending to grumble over 'rabbit world domination'... pffttt. :lol: He doesn't mind really. The bunnies don't impact on him in any way, apart from he will most likely have to drive me to collect them. ^^;

Deffo no more than my 2, keeping that shed clean keeps me busy and theres only 2 living in it!:lol: :lol: I could cope with another bun living with mine, but am too scared incase Clove and Fudge fought, so yeah, 2 is my limit. With uni next year, I'd be mad to take on more!:shock: :lol:

Depends if they are bonded or not - At the moment I have to organise 3 seperate outings on the shared patio, 3 times a day, which takes hours. By the time it's Benny's turn in the morning he's gone into poopy eating mode and just wants to snooze. When I had Tia it was even worse as I had to put boards all round her hutch when the others came out, to avoid them fighting, and it took all day to rotate them all fairly. So at the moment I'm on max with 6 as they're split up.

We currently have a bonded pair in the house, but are planning to add to that in the near future to make 3 (or four?!?!) but that's it! (we do have guineas and hammies too - but luckily it's a big house!)
The garden in currently home to 2 fosters and whilst my OH would love to keep them too my slant on it is that we can help FAR more bunnies by fostering!

With all the health issues my lot have, I think two is enough!

However, I think if it was an emergency and I had to (for instance a rescue), I could take another in a separate hutch and run.

In the summer I looked after a collegue's pair of rabbits (and a guinea pig:rolleyes: ), my two hated the other pair, so they were banished to the end of the garden :lol:. I must admit, I thought 4 rabbits was a bit much even for me!

i think two is enough for me. hubby def won't let me have more. but i'd love to foster but hubby said no as he would ahve to look after them when i'm at work and thing. he might change his mind. he did about getting moses.

Three if it's one pair and one single. I have two single at the minute and couldn't cope with any more lone rabbits but would like to get a mate for my single girl poppy - i feel this would not be much more of a burden time-wise as poppy would need less human company. I have seen people on here with loads of rabbits though and have no idea how they cope :shock: is impressive!

Back