• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new addition

kiri_tc

Young Bun
well what a sucker for a sad story i am.

Went into P@* today for some dog food (have to go there as its the only place i can get it)
and happened to just wander past the adoption center. well.......................sat there was a gorgeous little lady bun. she's smokey grey mottled and white.
on her card it said that she is aggressive, and had bitten the young boy in the previous home. I thought for a while and decided that we would be able to help her and give her the attention she needs.
She's about 5-6 months, so first i am going to try and bond her with my french lop Honey, then between xmas and new year she'll be off to the vets for all her jabs, and then in to be speyed.

Ill post some pics later if i can, but dont want to disturb her too much as i want her to settle.

that was an expensive ag of dog food eh!! :D :lol:

this is why i stop myself going into p@h because im a sucker for the adoption centre. hope the new little lady settles well:D can't wait for the pics

sounds just like the one in my local. Which actually wasn't there today. You dont live in Cambridgeshire do you??:lol: :lol: I went in today to get some bits and yet again fell in love with a beautiful boy he was stunning and was in the adoption bit because his owners were moving. I adopted one from there about 2 weeks ago, so I stopped myself:lol: :lol: but I really want him.
Sallyx

No not in Cambridgeshire, im in Lincoln:D

so far ive seen no aggresive behaviour what-so-ever!! she's had a good suggle with me and was starting to fall asleep in my arms!! she's even let me turn her onto her back for a tummy tickle and for me to make sure she wasnt matted or anything on her bottom!

I "could" wait until after her spey, but to be honest the hutch she's in is not big enough to wait until then. Its just a temporary/emergency/hospital hutch, and i would rather she was gotten into the rabbit shed asap.

will post piccies in a min :D

updated, here's some piccies of Misty
Misty1.jpg

Misty2.jpg

Misty3.jpg

Last edited:
If you attempt to bond her before her spey it means Honey will have to go to the vets with her when she is speyed so as not to break the bond. It also means should the bonding fail before the spey due to hormonal/territorial aggression then it will be even harder to bond when she is speyed.

OMG!!!!! I so saw her the other day when i was in p@h - was she called something like Rebecca? She's gorgeous, but having recently taken delivery of my babies I am forced to give the poor p@h bunnies a fleeting glance only.

Hope she settles well into her new home with you and honey. good luck :wave:

yeah she was called something like that, cant remember exactly, would have to check the paperwork.
im a little worried tho, as ive just checked to make sure she is a she and im not sure she is! her "bits" look totally different to Honey's. Im going to take her to the vets to make sure she is indeed a girl!

I can see the pro's and the con's of bonding before and after her spey. Im going to let them in the same room as each other for 30 mins each night and see how it goes. Theyve been in the room tonight and Honey was there wanting to make friends as she's a soft mare and loves everyone and everything, Misty was a bit more worried about it all. The other thing ive noticed aswel is that Misty either has a slight head tilt or she's got blindness in one eye.
her head leans to one side when looking around and if you hold her in a certain way, her head goes all floppy and leans to one side. (going to start another thread on that)

Awww, shes gorgeous. Glad you were able to offer her a home.

Maybe the child at her previous home was mishandling her. To be honest, me and all my kids have been bitten more than once by our rabbits but I dont count them as aggressive at all. I just think its part of rabbit communication like "dont do that please" or "your in my way":roll: Domino bit my daughter the other day, he's only a baby and its to be expected from time to time but my daughter is only 6 and thought that Domino didnt like her. Had to try and explain that its just what rabbits do sometimes.

Back