• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female black rabbits

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Are they all generally pyscho or is it just my black girl :roll:

She is due for a spay in the new year so am hoping she'll get better :rolleyes:

I had a black lop called Pippa. She was great, not too much into people, but never aggressive or anything. Unfortunately we lost her a few months ago at the grand age of 8 1/2 years old after a major operation...

Vera

I have a beautiful black lionhead called Whittle. She is gentle and laid back. You can see her giving disapproving looks when the others get worked up over something.

My Poppy is mental :lol: SHe's very affectionate now but before she was spayed she was a growling bitting ball of fur :shock: She is still fiesty with the other two buns but loves us :D

Nope....I would say you just have the misfortune of having an unspeyed female rabbit.

I dont think colour makes a difference. Genetics maybe...

I had a black lop called Pippa. She was great, not too much into people, but never aggressive or anything. Unfortunately we lost her a few months ago at the grand age of 8 1/2 years old after a major operation...

Vera

Sorry to hear that :cry:

She sounds exactly like my black lop called Pippa! Quite shy and doesn't love people but wouldn't hurt a fly.

I have a beautiful black lionhead called Whittle. She is gentle and laid back. You can see her giving disapproving looks when the others get worked up over something.

Sorry to go off-topic :oops: But that's a real unusual name: where did it come from?

Jen was bonkers just prior to her spay: I had to ask the vet to move her op forward as she was getting pretty nasty with it! :shock:

Nope - you have a hormonal bunny. I think I have fallen in love with all three black females that have come through here, they seem to be the ones with the gentle inquisitive personalities. :D

I have a male black rabbit and hes an absolute sweety, every1 who sees him says " he looks like a naughty bun" but hes just gorgeus and loving

Several years ago I had a beautiful black Rex doe. She was just THE sweetest thing!:D She was slightly territorial over her living area, but on the whole was very gentle and loving, and adored being fussed over.:D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Reading that did bring thoughts of my black girl rushing to my head.

Yes, mine is a psycho and she has been spayed (so the RSPCA tell me). She is hyper all the time and I never see her sleep. She does not like cuddles, but then I don't know her background. She also kept attacking my male I was trying to bond her with so it took 4 months until we could leave them alone.

She hears out back door open and she flies up the garden to get in the house, if the door is shut she scratches it until we open it!

I still lover her though and life could be boring without her antics. We call her the "wild child".

Sorrel (in my signature) is an absolute sweetheart, I climbed into her pen at the rescue when i went to meet her and she immediately jumped onto my lap for a snuggle. She is perfectly well behaved in the house, never chews, loves children, and likes to stretch out alongside me while i read my book on the floor, clicking her teeth like mad. she always comes to greet me and lick my ankles when i come into the room. :love:

Sorry to go off-topic :oops: But that's a real unusual name: where did it come from?
My daughter had a friend who at the time had rather wild black hair and her surname was Whittle. She kept saying how much she reminded her of her friend and it kind of stuck. I hope if she ever finds out she won't be too insulted, it really was kind of a complement.

My daughter had a friend who at the time had rather wild black hair and her surname was Whittle. She kept saying how much she reminded her of her friend and it kind of stuck. I hope if she ever finds out she won't be too insulted, it really was kind of a complement.

That's ace! :lol: I thought it might be related to the fact that buns like to nibble things (as in whittling something down!), but that story is much better! :D I sure she wouldn't be offended, I'd be honoured to have a rabbit named after me!

My Bella is exactly like that. :roll: :roll: Love her to bits and wouldn't change her for the world but before her spay she was absolutely psycho - growling, lunging, biting, scratching - very very scary.

She has calmed down a lot now but is still a feisty girlie. I risk losing my hand if I dare put it in her cage without distracting her first. :shock: :shock: I have to throw a few pellets in one end of her cage before doing anything the other end.

:)

Back