• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Partners & Rabbits: What subjects dont you see eye to eye on?

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Phil cannot grasp the concept of a 'free range' house bunny. If I go out I leave lexie out as long as Phil is home. She is clean and non-destructive (if left with plenty of her 'own' paper and cardboard) and I have blocked off area's she is not allowed in. However when I get home she has invariably been put away because 'she was annoying me'.

By that he means she kept nudging his hand whilst he was playing the computer. I explained that was because she wanted him to rub her nose and he just looked totally disinterested. Does he not realise what a big compliment that is? :?

sometimes i think ste is more obsessed with Alvin than me :shock: :shock:

he even goes upstairs or in the kitchen to smoke cus i read you cant smoke around rabbits, he never worried about Ralphs lungs before. !!!

Jayms is a good boy. He says there's nothing I care more for than my pets so he just lets me be the crazy pet lady and hugs me when I burst into tears over not being good enough for them. It will happen at least once a year. I am so very critical of myself and want the best for them. I swear most people would just wash their hands of me and my craziness :p

It's always me that pays for them and says "Lets get the bunnies out!". They're supposed to be our rabbits!! He does buy them vegies to be fair, but only stuff like reduced spinach!
He doesnt pay vet bills, he doesnt pay for excel, he doesnt pay for bedding, he doesn't clean em out, he doesnt clean their bums, he doesn't help me pay for anything.
Actually, I tell a lie, he went halfs on me with Bobby & Nibbles's shed hutch, and he got us a load of free carpet. But thats it.

Does your GF think your nuts Rick or is it just us 'crazy rabbit ladies' who have partners who dont 'get it'?

She does think im nuts but she adores them aswell ,I just do all the cleaning out:lol:Well there again my gf cleans out the indoor cage for the babies,rick

Hubby doesn't mind me having them as long as he doesn't have to look after them - if he is first up on a weekend he will uncover them and put in their run down.:D

If I talk about them he just laughs and says "obsessed" which he knows I am but he doesn't object to all the money coming from the joint account for them - even when it cost me more in petrol to get to Barnsley and back two weeks on the trot in his car than it actually did to pay for Jem's adoption fee:shock:

My boyfriend won't sleep with bunnnies under the bed....what on earth is the matter with him - they LIKE it under the bed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Needless to say we have our own houses - and will do until he understands I co-habit with bunnies and they have just as much right to be here as he does :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deej is my OH's bunny BUT there is one thing we disagree on and that is ever having another pet bunny.

My OH insists he will never have another bunny after Deej, and that while bunnies are cute in general, he's not interested in other bunnies he just loves Deej! :love: :oops:

I guess Deej & I are lucky like that, my OH is very single minded in his love for only me and him!:oops: :D

well this is a n easy one for me.ken totally hates rabbits full stop.he wont talk about rabbits,help me with them or even look at them.said he aint even bothered if he dies or not.:evil: my mum on the other hand adores them so she helps me with them.x

My boyfriend is driven up the wall by their chewing and spends the whole time telling me to get on here and find out what we can do to stop it! :shock: He says he thinks bunnies should be outside coz they are so destructive so the fact they are running round the house eating the wires and sofa and the carpet is a bit of a bone of contention and cause of arguments!:shock:

Andy's really good with Lola, he adores her. He mainly pays for everything for her as i'm a poor student:lol: I did have to talk him into keeping her in the house permanently but it didn't take long:D .....i do ALL the cleaning tho!:lol:

my hubby is really good when it comes to me having animals and although he thinks the rabbits are cute, he thinks they are boring, and doesn't really understand why anyone would want them as pets. However he never moans about anything so I cant complain.
Sallyx

I can't answer for the partner bit - I don't have one & partly because I don't think anyone would understand how besotted I am with my bunnies, especially my Barney-boy. However, my dad gets almost jealous of the attention my mum gives to my rabbits. x) If he comes in of an evening just as we're bringing the rabbits in from the garden, and into their hutches, he grumbles the rabbits are being fed before him. It's only because of the way it's been timed on the odd occasion. He'd be appalled if he knew half the veg bought is for the bunnies. If my mum says she has a sore shoulder or back, he immediately says it's because of the rabbit run. He's now complaining the rabbits have 'destroyed' the lawn. Pft! What lawn? It's mostly moss and dandelions and just a little bit of grass. :lol: And whose grass doesn't look muddy during the winter?

Surprisingly, though, he's never made any of these complaints in my hearing - that he knows of. I think he's got the sense at least not to make mean comments about the rabbits to my face, for fear I'd leap to their defence. Apparently, the other day he was talking to my mother and said the rabbits must be a lot of work - for her. She told him she's not the one who cleans them out every other day, and only really helps when putting them in their run because it's quicker and she likes to cuddle Amber.

I know if I wanted my bunnies to become house buns I would have a major problem with my hubbie, luckily I don't!

However, after a bit of an arguement the other night, my hubbie brought up that his tools were piled up in front of his shelving and he couldn't get to anything so the rabbits were not allowed free run of the garage on a night anymore! Yeah right, I told him where to go and he should keep them tidy and then I wouldn't have to pile them up to stop the rabbits getting at stuff! :roll:

I think I have the best husband in the world when it comes to buns! he loves them sooo much and always will go out of his way to get them kale and treats. and he spends all evening laying on the floor so they can lick his head!

Im thanking my lucky stars now!

My boyfriend told me when we moved in that he didn’t like pets but a tortoise and a hosue bun later (not to mention 3 foster buns) he's hooked!

He loves Lily so much and always helps with her and the fosters esp the mean ones!

I guess I clean the litter tray out more forLily than him but I like it spotless for her (If I see a poop in it I pu it in the bin straight away he he! (obviously not her cetropes as I know she might eat those! - although she bends down and eats them she leaves the ones in the tray that she doesnt want to eat.)

My hubby cleans the litter trays and is quite happy to lie on the floor and play with them. He's the one who makes sure I don't get any more pets - 2 is the most we can afford - but I'm a softy. He's really good with them.

Back