• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

frozen water with bottle snug!

gil

Mama Doe
even with a bottle snug supposedly to keep water from freezing all my bunnies bottles have frozen water in them particualry at the metal tip bit. have just spent the last 30 mins defrosting the watr......
anyone any ideas?

thanks!

mine have water in a dish, and I've noticed they only drink a couple times a day, after they've had their pellets morning and evening, so as long as you refresh it twice a day when you feed them they'll be fine - I always put a good splash of boiling water out of the kettle in this time of year as they LOVE a warm drink now :)

Yep I always found that's the problem with a bottle snug, the metal bit at the end will still freeze so even if the water in the bottle remains liquid, they still can't get a drink. I also double up with bowls if it's likely to freeze, at least the buns can lick at the surface if they're really thirsty.

thanks for the tips...........will try them out. it's absolutely freezin up here tonight...........

Back