• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Hope please send eating vibes... U/D 21st Dec

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
002.jpg

This is Hope she was rescued by ARC on Saturday and is staying with us, unfortunately she went into Gut statis but we have caught it in time and she is having medicine but still no eating or pooping so vibes for her please, she is so lovely and needs to pull through this xx

Last edited:
Vibes for Hope - you've got to get better girl so that your forever two-foot can stroke that amazing fur!

Things are not looking good for this lovely little girl :cry:
She has been having meds since yesterday morning to make her eat/poo but still nothing :(
I took her back to the vet and there are no sounds at all in the tummy but when Christobel felt her she jumped and is in obvious pain she also has some dodgy teeth that arn't too bad but will need a dental in the future.
We have her inside now and i tried to syringe feed her critical care but i didn't get much in she just pushed it back out again.
I don't know what else to do now we have tried force feeding (with syringe) but not even that works, any tips anyone?

Things are not looking good for this lovely little girl :cry:
She has been having meds since yesterday morning to make her eat/poo but still nothing :(
I took her back to the vet and there are no sounds at all in the tummy but when Christobel felt her she jumped and is in obvious pain she also has some dodgy teeth that arn't too bad but will need a dental in the future.
We have her inside now and i tried to syringe feed her critical care but i didn't get much in she just pushed it back out again.
I don't know what else to do now we have tried force feeding (with syringe) but not even that works, any tips anyone?

Try wrapping her up in a towel with just her nose poking out so as she cant see the syringe approaching.
Make the feed *very* watery for now.
Place the syringe into the side of her mouth so as what goes in goes *across* her mouth not straight down her throat
Give lots of nose rubs between each feed to try to relax her.
Pop her on/near a heat pad of some sort. If she is 'closing down' she wont be able to maintain her body temperature.

Keeping everything crossed for poor Hope :cry:

Janex

If you feel at anytime that you want me to take her please ring me. I will need to swap a pair of piggies with you ........ or perhaps the bunnies from my lounge, I think they are called Sunnie and Cloud ;) I don't mind.

You have my number.

If you feel at anytime that you want me to take her please ring me. I will need to swap a pair of piggies with you ........ or perhaps the bunnies from my lounge, I think they are called Sunnie and Cloud ;) I don't mind.

You have my number.

:lol: From what you have said I don't think we could handle Sunnie and Cloud :lol:

Thanks for the offer I will let my mum know :)

Sending lots & lots of vibes for sweet little Hope.

This method (together with pain relief & gut motility shots from the vet) has worked very well for me in the past.
1ml of fresh pineapple juice given orally by syringe followed by a gentle tummy massage for approx. 10 mins, then try to get her to move about as much as possible to stimulate the gut. Then repeat this half an hour later, only this time use 1ml of boiled water left to cool to a warm/tepid temperature mixed & with Bio-Lapis. Then follow with the tummy massage & exercise. Repeat every half hour until you have poops! Once she is pooping she'll probably feel more like eating.
I guess it's like a person being really badly constipated - the last thing you want to do is eat. Liquids will help to break things down & get things moving *fingers crossed*
Infacol helps to relieve the build up of gas too.

She might be tempted by things like grated carrot, fresh parsley, timothy hay, posh leafy lettuce, or fresh mint. They seem to be more manageable & appetising foods when a bun is off colour.
Put some Bio-Lapis mixed with water in a drinking bowl for her too.

I'm sure other bunny Mum's will have their own great tips for over coming stasis.

Get well soon, Hope xxx

How is Hope doing - she is such a pretty little girl.

Still sending get well vibes.

Vanessa xx

Thanks for asking :)

Overnight she ate some hay and there were 4 little poos this morning, but nothing all day, she is moving around and drinking quite a lot but she doesn't want to eat really :(
We just fed her cc and she has done another 4 poos, the poo has hair in they are all strung together like xmas tree beads :(

Thanks for asking :)

Overnight she ate some hay and there were 4 little poos this morning, but nothing all day, she is moving around and drinking quite a lot but she doesn't want to eat really :(
We just fed her cc and she has done another 4 poos, the poo has hair in they are all strung together like xmas tree beads :(

At least she is passing it.

The hair tends to clump together in the gut when the GI tract slows, it can cause blockages if the rabbit dehydrates.

Back