• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moody bun

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
Today Wispa has suddenly become moody, she wont let us near her and even if we just come into the room she goes and hides! We dont really know what to do about it or if shes just having a bad day

She's almost 6 months and is booked in for a spay on thursday do you think this might change her for the better?

You haven't had her that long have you? Our Minstrel is just the same. She's only been with us a week, but she still seems wary and will often run away if you try to touch her and hide at the back of the run where she can't be got :roll: . I guess she's never going to be as outgoing and bouncy as Cadbury, But its still early days yet and with the cold dark nights I can't spend as much time with them as I'd like.

yeh we've only had her 3 weeks but she was fine over the last week and a half, really outgoing and coming over to us.

its only been today that she has been moody and mean!

Aaaaaw I am sure the spey will calm her down. After getting my first ever bunny kiss off Molly last week she has become a real moody mare and taken to growling at me from the moment I open the door and step into the garden - head down and bum up ready to pounce as soon as I get anywhere near her and I am going to need gauntlets if I am to make a fuss of her husbun.

hmph, i was talkin about minstrel, but now Cadbury is havin a bit of a strop. he's been fine for the whole week we've had him. comes running over for attention and didn't seem bothered about cuddles, but today i haven't had one cuddle :( . if i try and pick him up he wriggles away to the back of the hutch, but after a minute he'll come noseying back for some attention. as soon as you get both hands on him he legs it! i'm so confused and feeling a little bit hurt. i know we're still all quite new to each other, but we just didn't seem to be having a problem with cadbury.

Hi,

If my experience is anything to go by, it will definitely help. We had one of our adoption buns speyed a week ago and she was in for her post op check up today.

She was a nightmare. Very stroppy and bit a couple of members of staff. I was always okay with her, because I took no nonsense, but some people were wary of her.

In this last week, I have seen a huge difference in her temperament. Whilst at the vets today I opened the door of her carrier and she came out and was standing up on her back legs to lean against me and nuzzle me.

She still gets mardy occasionally, but nothing like how she was.

Good luck with the op :) x

Back