• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grumpy rabbit

Radish

Mama Doe
hi

my little male nethie Mr Benjamin Fairweather has become very grumpy the last few days.

he was neutered three weeks ago and is five months old. he had the failed bonding attempt with Maisie and came off the worst.

when i go near him he now grunts at me and if i leave my hand in the run he launches at me and boxes me and then bites.

i had to lie in the run to make a hasty repair last night and he kept boxing and biting me.....i didn't mind too much although it did hurt a bit.

is this normal behavior or should i be concerned?

he is eating drinking and pooping normally and hops about freely and his teeth etc are fine( i know i have the marks to prove how well lined up they are lol.

Rabbits who are kept in hutches or cages are known for being territorial about their area. Hopefully it might calm down with time. I think also his hormones are playing up as he was only "snipped" a few weeks ago. I think it can take up to a month sometimes longer for the op to fully kill off the hormones which could be making him more grumpy.

His hormones won't have calmed down yet. It's best not to bond a male bunny until 8 wks after his neuter op. Billy took a good 5 wks to calm down but didn't try to bond him until after 8 wks had past.

Back