• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry weekend

Rice

Mama Doe
So I had my best friend and her husband over two nights ago. They hadn't met my new bunny man, Alfred, so I got him out to show him off a little. That's when the rabbit jokes began... My friend's husband thought he was so clever making jokes about eating my rabbit, making rabbit stew, going on about how lame rabbits are as pets etc. :evil: :evil: His wife (my friend) kept apologizing for him and trying to shut him up but he was on a roll...

What is wrong with some people?!? I honestly couldn't believe that someone would have the audacity to come into my home and go off about my beloved pets. I would never go into somebody's home and make jokes about eating their brand new puppy so why on earth is it ok to do when it's rabbits??

Then even when he could tell I was really getting angry he just laughed like it was no big deal. Needless to say he won't be invited to my house ever again. Oh and to top it all off he started making fun of me when he found out I was a member of a rabbit forum... Stupid :censored: man...

So I had my best friend and her husband over two nights ago. They hadn't met my new bunny man, Alfred, so I got him out to show him off a little. That's when the rabbit jokes began... My friend's husband thought he was so clever making jokes about eating my rabbit, making rabbit stew, going on about how lame rabbits are as pets etc. :evil: :evil: His wife (my friend) kept apologizing for him and trying to shut him up but he was on a roll...

What is wrong with some people?!? I honestly couldn't believe that someone would have the audacity to come into my home and go off about my beloved pets. I would never go into somebody's home and make jokes about eating their brand new puppy so why on earth is it ok to do when it's rabbits??

Then even when he could tell I was really getting angry he just laughed like it was no big deal. Needless to say he won't be invited to my house ever again. Oh and to top it all off he started making fun of me when he found out I was a member of a rabbit forum... Stupid :censored: man...

Sounds like your friend has a right :censored: for a husband :roll:
His 'jokes' weren't even origional :roll:

Janex

:roll: Ignorant man!

Try not to let it get you down, I always get comments like that! If he starts again, just tell him he needs to come up with some new material as the old stuff is getting boring :lol:

I tried to kinda laugh it off at first saying "oh yeah, like I've never heard that before..." but I guess that just kinda fueled his fire, like he had to be more obnoxious than everyone else who makes fun of rabbits.

unfortunately there is always going to be prize prats like that just ignore him, he clearly thinks he is the first person to ever come up with that comment. If he see's you getting annoyed it will only make him carry on.
Sallyx

You just have to learn to let it roll off your back I guess. Or try to encourage your rabbit to scratch him? You'll have to think of some good come backs I guess, since you can't really ban your best friends husband can you?

i get that from people at work! once when i said Guinness was litter trained someone turned round and said " i think you will find rabbit P*** wherever they want to, that is ridiculous"

I've never yet understood why people make jokes like that around someone who obviously loves rabbits. I mean, it's never original. They're either believing themselves to be funny - which it rarely is - or they're being deliberately malicious and trying to wind someone up... Grrr.

Well Alfred did bite him which I thought was hilarious, I gave him a treat after they left for a job well done :lol: :lol:

It really was him just being mean too. I get jokes from my family sometimes or people at work, but they usually lay off after one remark and they would never come into my home and make such rude comments.

Its always really annoyed me that some berks insist on making completely unfunny comments about rabbits..... no-one ever comes to my house and talks about eating my cat or dog, so dont pick on my rabbits!!! Prats, I'd certainly leave his name of the christmas card!

One of my bf's colleagues came round after work last week, I instantly disliked him, he has small man syndrome and everything he has is better than what you have. I sat with my laptop and barely said a word. Then my bf let the rabbits in, he had already made a rabbit pie joke, he had hold of Poppy but she decided she didn't like him, scrabbled to get away and snagged his expensive suit :lol: :lol: :lol:

I usually tell people that there will be no rabbit pie but me and the rabbits like cooking man/woman pie.

One of my bf's colleagues came round after work last week, I instantly disliked him, he has small man syndrome and everything he has is better than what you have. I sat with my laptop and barely said a word. Then my bf let the rabbits in, he had already made a rabbit pie joke, he had hold of Poppy but she decided she didn't like him, scrabbled to get away and snagged his expensive suit :lol: :lol: :lol:

I usually tell people that there will be no rabbit pie but me and the rabbits like cooking man/woman pie.

I love that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I told the guy that if, God forbid, any sort of natural disaster happened and I needed food to sustain myself that I'd sooner eat him than my rabbits (he had made a comment to the opposite effect). He didn't find it as amusing as I did! :lol: :lol:

I hate it when people start saying about eating my rabbits.
A guy from DHL delivered my hay, i was out but my mum was in and she took the hay and he asked her what it was for and she said her daughters rabbits and he was like 'oh i'll be round with my cooking pot'.
I mean why say that?? I dont even know the guy :censored: :censored: :censored:

The best response is to give them a smart answer back as they'll only go on and on if they think its peeving you off.;)

Sorry you had to go through that, try not to take it to heart as a lot of men are the same it would seem! When I got my pair I got the 'rabbit instead of turkey this christmas and they'll make lovely gloves and a hat':shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of our director's has little man syndrome :roll: Gota laugh :lol:

Back