• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible genital injury??

emjay

Warren Scout
Well its been a long weekend with all the four buns not working out when bonding... I am still bathing Molly and Charlie's wounds and force feeding their anitbiotics (Charlie is pretty good but Molly hates it!! lol Have tried the parsley trick which worked last time with Molly but she is no fool lol)

We have a check up at the vets again this evening, but.....last night I found what looked like blood in their dried urine (have fleecy blankets down whilst they heal).. I know urine can range from pale yellow to deep red but this was orangey with red flecks, which I beleive is what blood in the urine looks like? So I checked their 'bits' last night and cant see much - well I cant tell whats what really! Just no cuts or bleeding etc. However not sure what girlies bits look like completely.... think they look very similar to the male, i.e. one opening? On Molly tho I have found a 'slit' on either side of the vulva - is this right? Am very concerned that it is a bite wound!! I will be asking the vet to look later!! Poor girl!!

The slits are not part of the scent gland are they? But, yes, that is what blood in urine looks like :(

one of mine has a slit on each side. i took her to the vet cos i thought it was some kind of horrific injury but she said it was totally normal. :oops: does anyone maybe have a pic or diagram of a bunny's ladyparts for reference?

Well she's ahd the all clear in her genital area today - phew!! Was jst what you guys have said - all normal! :D So thanks for reassurance today :D

Back