• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Catsan litter

It catsan (non clumping) safe for rabbits?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters

vikkia1234

Warren Scout
I bought some Catsan chalk based litter for Guinness' litter tray, does anyone know if this is safe for rabbits, i read some old threads and some people said it is and some said it isn't? Its a non clumping litter.

It's non clumping. I used to use it when I first got Rosie and Leo but found that they liked to eat it:shock: So I changed to the wood based pellets then Megazorb.

It's non clumping. I used to use it when I first got Rosie and Leo but found that they liked to eat it:shock: So I changed to the wood based pellets then Megazorb.

Yeah thats what i was worried about, guinness was eating it the other day.

Can anyone suggest a good, safe, but reasonably priced litter?

I use the wood pellets from pets at home, says it safe for rabbits on the bag.

It looks very similar to SS, in fact more than once i have poured the wrong pellets into the tray:lol: :lol:

I use the wood pellets from pets at home, says it safe for rabbits on the bag.

It looks very similar to SS, in fact more than once i have poured the wrong pellets into the tray:lol: :lol:

Wilkinsons sell cheap wood based pellets in big & small bags too.

There are paper based cat litters in supermarkets that have been mentioned before too. I've used a few different litters but I'm a megazorb fan now.

I have mailed to ask when it is next in. They sell it at thehayexperts too but a tiny bit more expensive.

https://www.thehayexperts.com/product_info.php?cPath=11&products_id=174

also bunny basics have it.
It is well worth the money. I used to use carefresh which was £3.99 a bag 10L and was used within 3 or 4 days. Megazorb lasts me just over a month for two buns.

I know i was using carefresh too, it was costing a me fortune! How much does it cost you for delivery for the Megazorb?

ok so everyone has put no to Catsan in the poll, will it be ok for me to finish using it or shall i buy something else, i dont wanna make bunny ill?

I personally don't know I am afraid as I have never used it. I wouldn't think him eating it is very healthy. Could you use shredded paper?

is 85l the normal sized sack of megazorb? As I have been lucky to have friends pick it up locally for me in the past, but not sure I know anyone who would be able to help now.

We are using ecopetbed (chopped cardboard) at the moment and one bale has lasted us 10 months (2 big litter trays a week)!

Back