• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur - Best way to give it

toadflaxbex

Warren Scout
Does anyone have a funky way of giving this with out physically shoving it down their throats and distressing them? My one bun takes it on a treat and munches. The lady however won't. the first time she did, but now won't. I put it on a spring green which she ate but sometimes it goes over the hay so she may not get it all. The lad eats the treat in one go so is easy to give to him as I know he gets it all, except the small amount i get on my fingers.

Just would like some different methods of you have any. I was thinking of getting a pineabble treat that I have and squirting it inside it. But thought I would ask you guys what you do first.

I tend to give it direct to the mouth but for easily stressed bunnies I smear it on their veggie dinner. They dont seem to notice it.

With mine, i 'drill' a hole in the middle of a banana and squirt the panacur in it and serve.....mine are too excited about the banana and by the time they've realised theres something in it its already in their bellies... mwaha ha haaa! hehe :lol:

When i had to treat all buns with panacur which was a good few months ago now, they hated it at first, but then they would come running over for it, and bite the syringe for it!! Side of the mouth worked well for me too...

The benjamin took a liking to it for sure...

With mine, i 'drill' a hole in the middle of a banana and squirt the panacur in it and serve.....mine are too excited about the banana and by the time they've realised theres something in it its already in their bellies... mwaha ha haaa! hehe :lol:

That is interesting, I have never tried them on banana, only apple. I will give that a go in the morning.
Thanks!

hehe i got away with that trick too... Alvin does so love a bit of banana

I don't even have to pin Charlie down to give it through the side of the mouth. Poppy is a different story, I use little mustard pots and put it in them with grated apple and a few mashed pellets, I hold the pots in my hand and they eat it from them.

Ollie, no problem, squirt it onto a saucer and then use it as a dip with flakes of food.

Duggie who really needs it plus metacam was another matter, but the vet gave us a tip to finely grate some carrot, dry it slightly with kitchen roll and then put the medicine in it to bind it back together. Works a treat. :D

Ok the lad, he will accept this on any treat banana worked with him, but so has all of the treats, the girl she is saying no to anything. I gave them both a little banana first to check they liked it, both munched it down. Then put the panacur in another small piece, he ate it she sniffed it and hopped off. Had to give it her on another not so healthy treat which she ate but slower than normal. Arrrghhh Not keen on giving another 7 days of non healthy treats, and she cannot stand to be picked up to do it manually. May try apple tomorrow and then Jpp's carrot trick as I know she likes it but it is bothering me as I am wasting quite a bit by her sticking her nose up.

Last edited:
Smear it on their feet, they have to clean it off unless you have a clever bun who dips his feet in a water bowl to get it off :roll: :lol:

Back