• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Peanut is in the hospital NOW HOME...UPDATED 18/12

nemmie

Warren Scout
All ready for her spay.
I dropped her off at 9am and got all emotional. We've only had the little tinker for 2 months but she is already a well established part of our family and we love her so much.
So please send your kudos and healing vibes to my lil peany.
I can phone at 2pm to see how she is doing.

Last edited:
The first time i went to get mine done, it was horrible, i didnt wanna leave her but knew she was in safe hands. My vets didnt call me at 2, mind you thats probably because I was too eager :roll: and rang them way earlier. Im sure Peanut will be fine, my vibes go out to her :love:

Lots of vibes for Peanut. Hope the time goes quickly beofre you can pick her up.

Thank you all so much. I'm sure Peanut is feeling the love :)
Can i just run something past you all too please.........
For when Peanut comes home i have totally disinfected her cage and bought puppy training pads to lay on the bottom instead of newspaper and hay (the usual). I will put her food and water in bowls on the floor and leave her be for the evening, even though i will be desperate to hug her all night. And i will put some forage and hay in a corner of the hutch for her to munch on should she feel like it. Anymore advice/tips are more than welcome.

She may be a little cold, so do you have a snugglesafe? When Squidgy came home, we limited his space so he couldn't move or stretch much and wrapped a hot water bottle ina towel for him, which he found a real comfort.
Squidgy has not teeth, so no chance of him nibbling.

I couldn't wait any longer lol!
I just called and they said she made it through the op and is in recovery.
I can call back around 2.30pm to see how she is getting on.
Still nervy but at least the op is done. Now all she has to do is get better.

Awww, glad she's ok.
She may want a little extra heat even indoors. See what your vet says.

Thanks Helen. I can get hold of a hot water bottle and do what you suggested. I may just do that and see if she likes it :)

Great news :D but don't give her a water bottle, she may not find it easy to move and get too hot, also if she chews threw it, you could scold your bunny.

Glad to hear peanut is doing fine, bet you cant wait til she's back home with you :D

When Millie had her spay she didn't eat until the middle of the night. Make sure peanut has a selection of her favourites to help tempt her to eat, other than that I think you've got everything just right for when she gets home:D

Sharon

Thanks everyone.
I haven't given her a water bottle as I picked her up and she was so lively!!! I couldn't believe it!!!
She came home and immediately went and had a few nibbles of her Herbage. Then she went to her corner and pooped lots and had a wee. She has since calmed down (I think she was excited to be home lol) and is just laying down chilling out. She hasn't touched her pellets yet but has had another go at the herbage. I'm so pleased with how its going so far.

Ok so last night peanut pooed, weed and drank water all to my satisfaction.
However she only ate 4g of super excel lite over night and a small ammount of fresh hay and forage. But she did eat. YEYEYE!!
This morning she was alert and came up to the side of her hutch to say good morning as normal. She is a little calmer (i have to say thats rather nice) but otherwise very much her normal self.
How is she doing do you think? When do i need to worry about how much she is eating? And lastly how long must she stay on the puppy pads before she can go back onto hay? I was thinking i would take her for her post op check on Fri/Sat and see what the vet thinks.
Also her wound looks clean and no swelling. Its a tiny little bit red but i would imagine thats normal.

Lil Peanut has now eaten a handful of basil and 2 thin slices of carrott!
Wooohoooooooo!
Still no pellets though. Should i be bothered?

As she's eating and poo'ing I wouldn't be too worried about her not going for the pellets just yet, it sounds like she's making great progress :D

You know I can't remember how long I keep Jen on soft bedding for... I *think* it was about three days, but I'm not sure :oops: It wasn't that long ago either! (about a year!) :lol:

Back