• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wilbur - very sick - being helped to the bridge

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Wilbur was rushed to the vets yesterday as he collapsed. I was cleaning out and he just went, it started with his head and then the rest of his bidy followed. The vet on duty didn't have a clue about how to take blood from Wilbur or what could possibly have caused the sudden collapse, but one thing was going through my head e.c. Esp as he was in Hesters group and she passed away last week. The vet yesterday gave Wilbur a steriod injection, pain killer and mild sedative and he was admitted to the hospital in a padded carrier so that he couldn't hurt him self as whenever Wilbur tries to move he just flips over. Morag and hazel are on duty this morning and they will have a good look at him and do whatever tests needed to find out what has caused this. i will keep you updated.

Last edited:
I have just spoken with the vets there is no improvement in Wilbur this morning the vets are fearing Ec as i am. They are taking bloods from Wilbur and will then put him to sleep and do a post mortum, wilbur is so stressed his heart rate is through the roof and it just is not fair to him to keep him going esp with no improvment what so ever. I have requested this as i need to know for the sake for Lavender and Plum. they will both be put on a course of panacur as a precaution.

Back