• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dermot is Very Poorly AGAIN.......... :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I got up to find Dermot all hunched up and in pain with yet another one of his GI 'episodes' :cry: They are occuring about every 10 days now :cry:
He has had all his meds and is now back with Lara. I will speak with Christabel later re where we go from here..................

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Hi Jane? Hope Dermot improves. Any link to EC? This was the pattern for 4 out of my 5 bunnies so regularly up until springtime prior to a big EC flare up

Fiona x

Jane, I dont know if you know about this or maybe you can shed some light on it for me, but I was talking to one of my friends who is training at Bristol Vets School and she told me that Pyloric Stenosis is quite a common SECONDARY condition in rabbits suffering with GI stasis.

This is because I expressed surprise at a seemingly high number of rabbits showing signs of this 'rare' condition. She is finding some literature to send me as its not easily available to Joe Public apparently...

Lots of (((vibes))) for Dermot and a big hug for you :(

Jane, I dont know if you know about this or maybe you can shed some light on it for me, but I was talking to one of my friends who is training at Bristol Vets School and she told me that Pyloric Stenosis is quite a common SECONDARY condition in rabbits suffering with GI stasis.

This is because I expressed surprise at a seemingly high number of rabbits showing signs of this 'rare' condition. She is finding some literature to send me as its not easily available to Joe Public apparently...

Lots of (((vibes))) for Dermot and a big hug for you :(

Yes, Christobel has said that PS is often a secondary condition. But its finding out what the primary one is that is going to be difficult. He has been Panacured (6 week course).

This morning he has responded well to treatment and appears to be over this 'episode'. But that means little really as I know its only a matter of time before he has another one :cry:

He is going to be admitted for some diagnostics on Wednesday as I cant keep treating a symptom when I dont know what is causing it. But there is always a chance that all the tests wont tell us anything helpful. And of course if its a Lymphoma or the like then there is no treatment :cry:

Janex

See I had no idea that was the case and she was unable to clearly explain by text message what caused it to develop as a secondary condition so said she would email some bits over instead (light reading Im sure, lol).

I hope Dermots test results show something either way as its so much easier when you know what you are dealing with.

I hope Dermots test results show something either way as its so much easier when you know what you are dealing with.

Yes, I know that the stress factor of putting Dermot through 'tests' is something I'd rather not inflict on him. But we cant go on as we are. In between 'episodes' he is a perfectly normal happy Bunny. So I can t just let him go yet................:cry: :cry:

Janex

Back