• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shredding Paper why?

kath w

Warren Scout
Can anyone suggest a reason why Charly has started to shred paper. He has plenty of toys and is pampered a lot but every time we put in new paper he just shreds it up. We dont think he is eating it. Any ideas?

I am not an expert but I would have to say that my diagnosis is - Congratutlations, you have a rabbit!

:lol: :lol: Totally agree, all my bunnies go through fazes of shredding paper ! At the moment its Jack and Dempsey :shock: Right pain to clean it up too :lol: :lol:

Guinness shreds his paper non stop since we got him, sometimes i wonder why i even bother putting paper or toys in his hutch! But at least he seems to enjoy it and it distracts him from my carpet!

all of mine love shredded paper!, i mix it up with shredded "cloth" from pet shop and hay!.

They all dive under it and its really funny to see the paper and hay moving about:lol: :lol:

My old work place donates all there bags of shredded paper to me and I use that in the cage instead of sawdust. The bunnies LOVE it and it stops them digging up the paper underneath cos there so busy with the shredded stuff on top (mine particulary like making tunnels and running through them :lol: ) I always put some straw at one side for them to snuggle in and the rest is all shredded paper in my cage -
I did find that once i started using shredded paper in the cage instead of sawdust they stopped shredding the newspaper and its ALOT quicker and cleaner when cleaning the buns out. It stops the sawdust being kicked all over aswell :lol:

When Kira started feeling better after her spay I heard her shredding paper.

I went downstairs to check on her and she had a bit of paper in her mouth and she handed it to me... She had perfectly ripped up the word suicide :lol:

Not sure if it was aimed at me or how she was feeling :lol:

Because that's what rabbits do best :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can anyone answer why my rabbits like to empty the whole content of their cage onto the garage floor every evening when they have free run? :lol: :lol: :roll: God knows how many poops have gone under the freezer and washer! :lol:

My girlie Hoops isn't shredding paper but she has suddenly gone mad for digging! Yes, she's spayed and has every toy imaginable! But she seems to want to spend every spare moment digging and the hutch looks a mess - constantly!

mine love shredding paper, chewing cardboard but not willow balls or anything specifically bough for the purpose of chewing. Their favourite hobbies at the moment are throwing things at each other and trying to eat the christmas tree.

Mine also love shreading things. although touch wood not my house.
I have had to put a puppy pen round the christamas tree to keep the rabbits away though.
My friend keeps saying that a normal person would keep the rabbits in a cage and not the tree, she doesn't really get the whole rabbit thing.:lol:

Mine also love shreading things. although touch wood not my house.
I have had to put a puppy pen round the christamas tree to keep the rabbits away though.
My friend keeps saying that a normal person would keep the rabbits in a cage and not the tree, she doesn't really get the whole rabbit thing.:lol:

Mine either, my mums friends and all my friends call our house "sunshine farm" :lol: should be fun wen i get my new bun in january .. :lol:

think most rabbits like shredding. in one of my books it said that buns love the yellow pages to distroy. could try that and he'll have hours of fun

Back