• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heaters in sheds

I'd thought about trunking but wasn't quite sure how it would fit from the end of the heater. It think I'm going to buy it and then see what I can do. Thanks for your reply.:wave:

:wave:
I got one of these about 2 months ago. My wendy house is 6 x 4 and I got a 2ft tube. We have armoured cabling to the shed so buns can't chew it when free range. The tube itself is approx 3ft from the floor (attached the plyboard) so the buns can't reach it, therefore the electric socket and cable from the heater are too high for them to reach too.

It has taken the chill out of the shed but not warmed it up too much which is what we wanted. We have also insulated their house with the silver stuff from B&Q and then covered it with plyboard so they don't chew it.

I also have mine on a timer.

mine are in a brick shed with a concrete floor - the condensation was so bad it was almost raining in there so the window has to be permanently open a crack - and where do they choose to sit? In their cosy boxes? In their litter trays full of hay? Nope - in front of the draughty door on the concrete :roll: I went in yesterday and they were all like yawning and stretching as if they'd had a really comfy snooze there :shock: I don't think they feel the cold like we do so I wouldn't worry about heating.

I have a small oil filled radiator in my shed, which cost about £10, mainly used because little baby Comet is in there, and its far too cold for him to be outside.

Back