• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor bun

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I went to my local P@H today to get some hay, there has been a bun in the adoption bit for at least 2 months, it has "special needs" when I asked what they were I was told she just doent like being handled. I feel so sad for her, I hope someone adopts her soon, she looks so fed up. I find it so difficult to walk away:cry: :cry:
Sallyx

She is probably just a normal hormonal Doe who is fed up with living in a Shop :cry:

I went into my local P@H today..............

Oh dear :cry: :cry:

Janex

Sally its going against what we say but i say get this poor girly, then dont go back so you dont feel tempted:p:p xx

I started a thread earlier on an adoption bun i just saw in p@h.

He didnt have special needs or anything but i just really want to get him out of the tiny fish tank sort of thing he is in :cry: He didn't have any hay either.

I don't know why we go in there really. It is so sad.

I have to stop going to my local Pets At Home, as there are two rabbits in the adoption section. They're a bonded pair, and have been there for months now. The first time I saw them, some little girl was telling her mum she wanted one... so my mum and I, standing nearby, were talking to each other about them and I raised my voice a little to be overheard and said as they were closely bonded (and they ARE, they're always snuggled together eating hay) that I hoped they'd be adopted as a pair, and not be separated. I'm cautiously hopeful that they're not adoptable as single buns, and that it's insisted they go together... Each time I see them, I want them.

Im making a vow never ever to visit that god forsaken place ever again. the one near us is awful. my mum just phoned. she went to buy some things for thier parrot Rossy and Alpy (the shitzu who is a spoilt boy) and she couldn't help but looking at the buns. they had one who looked ill, and my mum brought it to the attention of the staff... oh well hes ok. but we'll take him to the vets in the week sometime...

I know there are good stores, and good staff in most stores, but its things like this that make that place bad...

i am now going to use a city centre feed store more as they don't sell livestock x

She is probably just a normal hormonal Doe who is fed up with living in a Shop :cry:

I went into my local P@H today..............

Oh dear :cry: :cry:

Janex

I wonder if you went into the same one as me?
Did they have tiny baby buns? I mean tiny tiny smaller than Lionel or any others that I have seen being sold before, I think they are getting them in younger for Christmas :cry: :cry:

I went into my local one today,those things they put the adoptions bunnies in are so tiny, poor bunnies couldn't even lie down properly..

Well we all know what happened when I last went to the adoption part of P@H. Meet Charm and all his problems. P@H **** me off big style sometimes. Apparently Charm can't be housed with other bunnies either, so they said. But I just got a text from sooz telling me the bonding is going well. They make up the problems with their buns. Here's one for you:
I was in P@H with Charm as some buns were being signed over. The lady sited the reason as the wind kept blowing the hutches over and they just didn't know what to do. I went back a week later after quarantine and they were up for adoption under Cannot be housed with others" Seperatly, despite having come in as a pair!

Well we all know what happened when I last went to the adoption part of P@H. Meet Charm and all his problems. P@H **** me off big style sometimes. Apparently Charm can't be housed with other bunnies either, so they said. But I just got a text from sooz telling me the bonding is going well. They make up the problems with their buns. Here's one for you:
I was in P@H with Charm as some buns were being signed over. The lady sited the reason as the wind kept blowing the hutches over and they just didn't know what to do. I went back a week later after quarantine and they were up for adoption under Cannot be housed with others" Seperatly, despite having come in as a pair!

Everytime I have been into that branch, the bunnies always have to be kept alone because, as I was told in no uncertain tones, 'If they have never lived wth another rabbit they dont remember how to interact with one'.

Thats funny cuz I pair up single adult rabbits every week. :roll:

I tell you Sooz, it's all a lie! I have seen them split bonded buns and warn that they're never to be housed with others! I've seen them put loving bunnys in and lable them "Special needs" and say they don't like human interaction. I've seen them lable uppy eared buns as lops, Charm as a drawf... They just make it all up! And I'm not even going to get started on their health checks again!

Back