• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Question advice welcomed

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I have two rabbits who are both 9 weeks old one boy and one girl,(unrelated) they are both in seperate hutches at the minute, and I intend to have them both done when they are old enough. Is it possible to keep them together until they are both ready to be done? Obviously his bits havent dropped, and I can keep a really close eye on them, but obviously I dont want any babies. I just wondered. Any advice would be great. Thanks
Sallyx

:lol: :lol: :lol: Its ok :lol:

Scarlett was nest building when she arrived and although she looked like a baby I wasnt certain of her exact age and it scared me so much :shock: :lol: I even started going oh my gosh somehow she has had contact with Trip and now she is pregnant and asked my whole family if anyone had let the two of them play together, my mum was like have you forgotten Trip is neutered or something :roll: :oops: :lol: I was sooooo relieved when no babies appeared :lol:

I think it was just wishful thinking on my part that it might work:lol: :lol: I think I must of lost my mind for a few minutes:lol: :lol:
Sallyx

I wouldn't risk it :lol: , that's how my boyfriend ended up with Rocky and Crocus. Although we did think their mum was a boy at first. :rolleyes:

Boys can be slightly fertile pre-testicle appearance and the 'the deed' only takes a second or two. Realistically there is no way you could reliably time it right. PLay times aren't a good idea either, I've heard of a few accidental litters where the owners let them together supervised and an accidental litter was the result.

If you get them both done though you only need to leave long enough before introductions for the wound to heal.

I think I knew all along, just feel sorry for them on their own however I would never want put her at risk of getting pregnant. I guess they will just have to put up with me for company:D

Think of it as an excellent opportunity for you to bond with them individually and then when they are together you'll have a good basis for your relationship :)

It's fine for them to see each other. I think I read a scientific study that showed just the sight/smell of other rabbits went some way towards for filling rabbits need for companionship :)

Think of it as an excellent opportunity for you to bond with them individually and then when they are together you'll have a good basis for your relationship :)

It's fine for them to see each other. I think I read a scientific study that showed just the sight/smell of other rabbits went some way towards for filling rabbits need for companionship :)

Thats a great point, they are both so soppy, so bonding with them is very easy:D Just cant wait till they are old enough to be done.
Sallyx

Back