• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding this w/e - another bonding question!

hi - sorry another bonding thread!

I'm bonding my two girls this w/e. Yesterday there was lots of tumbling, fighting and fur pulling and I got bitten! No real fighting today, but Rosie the youngest 5mths is scared of Jess still. Jess washes her, but she's getting frustrated that Rosie won't lick her back, esp when she asks by putting her head down under Rosie.

Everytime Jess makes any fast movement, Rosie runs away, which then makes Jess chase her (trying to play). I've left them alone in the room today - but I feel a bit sorry for poor Rosie, as she doesn't seem like she's having fun - and I don't want her to be unhappy.

Am I doing the right thing, should I just keep them in the room together or shall I let them out (normally they have full run of the house seperately) to give Rosie a bit of a break?

Personally I would keep them in their neutral territory and leave them to sort themselves out. Gives them toys to playy with, lots of nibbles to eat, hide hay in toilet rolls. Even put their pellets in a treat ball so they have to work to get them. Hopefully this way will keep them both occupied and not worrying about each other. If you feel that Rosie is not getting her share of the food, try and put more in her direction.

Well yesterday I thought I momentarialy saw Rosie lick Jess but it was only for about 2 secs. Then when I checked them this morning, Rosie was hopping around and didnt' seem to be that scared of Jess this morning.

When I got home from work today I let them out and they had most of the house free range - they are now fine and definitely friends!

Thought I'd reply, incase anyone else who's bonding finds this useful - the worry they caused me and all that!

Back