PDA

View Full Version : Scampis Coming Home

XMissySJx
16-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Poor Hayley :(:(:(:(
the bonding didnt work between charlie, molly, benji (scampi) and poppy, and she needs new homes for them. As she doesnt have the room for 2 pairs i am going to foster them for her, and they may go and live with a member of my family.

Part of me is excited to see my little scampi again cu si missed him terribly cus i had him so long after he was 'ready to go' and after he went i realised how much i wish id kept him. I did just originally want Scampi, but as Scampi and Poppy (formerly Frans 'nancy') are now bonded it wouldnt be fair. So they are both going to stay here 4 a while, and yeh part o is very excited 2 see my boy agen but i feel so sorry for Hayley as she loves them dearly :(:(

Am going to keep Poppys name but hayley renamed Scampi 'Benji' and i to be he will always be my scamp so i will keep him as scampi.

Will post photos later on.

p.s everyone cookie is fine! Vet saw him yesterday and he is getting better everyday. He says not to neuter him until hes lost some weight as hes overweight at the moment!lol x

Crystal butterfly
16-12-2007, 04:59 PM
awww yey i was hoping you or Fran would take them both :D cant wait to see pics :love:

glad Cookies doing well :D

xxx

XMissySJx
16-12-2007, 08:48 PM
they r here. god ive missed Scampi! i cudnt stop cuddling him lol. and his new bunwife is gorgeous!!!! shes so ickle! shes very pretty! lol they look like PB and J, cus poppy is the same as peanut jus with grey and scampi looks like his mum lol!

hope i dont becum a failed fostere...eeek!

Fran
16-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Aww we need piccies! Miss my little girly so much :( xxx

Indiechic
16-12-2007, 08:52 PM
awwww what a shame x

XMissySJx
16-12-2007, 08:55 PM
oh fran shes beautiful! shes so small aswell! i love her alredy.

im prob wrong..but tis been a month since scampi was here, but theres a pocket on my coat which is in shreds from where he used to chew it, and as soon as i picked him up he started biting it...do u think he remembers me?x

Fran
16-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I knooow :love: Not sure if I should come and see her cos I'll end up bunnynapping her :? :lol:

Probably :D

XMissySJx
16-12-2007, 09:04 PM
welll....i think when i thought of not seeing scampi ever agen it was hard but then i got used to it, but when the oppuruntiy came up to see him i cudnt say nop so its prob same 4 u

but...here the next best thing

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h28/XMissySJx/DSCF1719.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h28/XMissySJx/DSCF1720.jpg

Fran
17-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Aww :love: They look so cute together :love: :love:

Thea & Bobbin
17-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Awww that is a shame, but at least you will be able to see him for a while and my goodness they look lovely together!! :love:

March Hare
17-12-2007, 01:44 AM
They do look VERY sweet and happy together!!!:D

emjay
17-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Aw I am missing them loads!! but it is good to see and hear that they are doign so well already!! They are a cute couple and so in love - think it was just about love at first sight with them :D (at least I did that part right :( :D )
Thankyou to SJ for taking them both on :D Hope it all goes well (and mayeb you will end up keepign them or at least be able to see them loads!) they are dear little buns and really hoped they would all get on togetehr here... was going so well for a while but this is really the best situation for all of them.
Keep me posted SJ on what happens from here - and loads more piccies pls!!! :D

XMissySJx
17-12-2007, 07:26 PM
lol well im getting my digital slr camera 4 xmas...so im sorry forum but there will be tons of piccies of every bun :D:D:D:D:D

they just ate sum bruseels lol but poppy wont come near me she just thumps! but scampi keeps trying to jump on me! on thursday i have the whole day so i will spend the day with them.
bet it feels empty without them :(

emjay
17-12-2007, 10:09 PM
It does actually.. went in the room last night with the empty cage and was very sad :(

Poppy loves curly kale, actually they both do and you can get big bags at the supermarket for around 1!
She'll get used to in time.. took all the time she was here for her to follow me round and even then she'd scamper away when I went to her - think it has to be on her terms :lol: Have you seen her curl up like a cat yet? So sweet!!

Charie and Molly are out in the room now after a bit of quiet time since Friday whilst wounds are healing and they are binkying aroudn and exploring :D far diff to them sitting quiet and sad for the past few days...
Went to the vets today and Molly doesnt need stitches :D Have to keep an eye on it and keep up the antibiotics and hibbyscrub for the next five days but hopefully it will all heal just fine - so glad at that cos GA isnt the best for them.

Fran
17-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Everything has to be on her terms, it took her a while to trust me but she'll get there :D Yeah, it's so sweet when she curls up like a cat :love:

Glad Molly and Charlie are doing ok :D

emjay
17-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Just like us girls eh? ;) :lol:

XMissySJx
17-12-2007, 10:55 PM
i havent seen it yet but i havent had the chance yet cus i was at college from 8 this morning n didnt get in til 5, monday n tuesdays i dnt see them uch so on wednesday and thursday i will play with them :D:D:D

Sooz
17-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Sorry to butt in but I cant contain my curiosity any further, what actually happened with the four? How did Charlie and Molly get injured?

I may have missed a thread somewhere :oops:

XMissySJx
17-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Sorry to butt in but I cant contain my curiosity any further, what actually happened with the four? How did Charlie and Molly get injured?

I may have missed a thread somewhere :oops:

its in the care section, they were getting n for a good few days but then molly got injured, hayley thinks she accidently got int he way of Scampi (then benji) and Charlie fighting, heres the link

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=110591

xx

emjay
18-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeh its all in the link... was all going well for about 6 days then all hell let loose!! Was gutted it didnt work.. think if I didnt work then i'd be able to do it and be with them until all was good with them. The girls sorted out their differences first and things started to settle, then it was the boys turn :roll: Molly just got in the way of it all I think, she tended to stay back from it all anyway, but she got hurt quite badly. All doing well now tho and happy to see Poppy and Scampi doing so well too, gives me some comfort knowing they are happy and in good hands .... i feel sorry it didnt work :( out tho

emjay
18-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey SJ - how are they doing today? How is the water bowl going in the cold? Are they learning to drink from the bottle yet?

Hope all is still going well :D

XMissySJx
18-12-2007, 11:53 PM
well on the first nigth they knocked over the water bowl and i caught poppy drinking from the bottle in the morning from the window, b4 i went out there and saw they had knocked over the bowl. so i didnt refill it cus ive seen them both drink from the bottle since they got here several times :D

mum LOVES poppy! 'oh shes so dinky'
cnt wait til tomorrow cus i can actuially play with them lol!! they have been very good bunnies though! i told them mummy hayley will not be impressed if mummy sj tells her theyve been bad hahaha!lol
Poppys thumps are SO LOUD! they woke me up! i went out there and she stamps harder than jelly and thats saying something!

also...do u remember that little gap near the celing where the wood sectioning off the 'bedroom' didnt quite reach the top? well all she does is jump OVER it, back and forth about 20 times, and scampi tried but he got halfway up and fell back down, and the poppy ran back and popped her ehad hru the doorway as if to say 'erm....are you coming to bed or not?'

lol i was hysterics 4 hours over it, i kept thinking of it and i burst out laughing at random points of the day lol

emjay
19-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Aw little mischiefs !! :lol: :lol: They are obviously loving thier new home :D so glad!!! :D

Tsk on teh water bottle!! lol had a bowl there for ages - little tinker :roll: :lol: tis certainly good news tho since its easier to keep clean etc...

As for the stomping - Poppy has big feet!! Makes me laugh cos she is ickle :lol: Thought Charlie was loud stomping during bonding until she started - was quite shocking :D

So you finised for the year at college then? Lots of bun time - btw you know that means lots of piccies!! ;) Give them a cuddle from me (and i'm sure from Charlie and Molly too - think Charlie really liked her cos she was a dedicated groomer - at times!! :D )

XMissySJx
19-12-2007, 12:12 AM
yup not back til 2nd week of jan wooo!

which is gud cus it means i can spend time with my THREE fosters...how did that ever happen?lol!

will get sum piccies of them tomorrow! lol when i got in today i opened your tunnel up, and then got my other TWO and dotted them about the garden, let them out in turns, poppy and scampi first and theyw ere WHIZZING thru them tunnels! lol! peanut kept sticking his face thru his mesh like 'let me play too mum' lol

btw theres been no more scuffles between PB and J, im still not overly sure what happened, im guesing they got spooked by us being out there in the dark lol. was funny thw way peanut looked up @ me tho! 'sorry mum' lol!

emjay
19-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Aw - may have also been the smells from me and andy and the box was in the house for a while too.. could have been anything i guess... and if they arent used to company after bedtime!!

Aw they sound like they are having a ball.. shame I cant let mine run in the garden too - think its so good for them !!!!

Looking forward to the piccies tomorrow !! :D

We finish work on friday lunchtime - counting the days and hours now!!!

XMissySJx
19-12-2007, 11:50 AM
well i feel bad cus mondays and tuesdays are the days th ebunnies can only be out for around 2 hours, where as every other days from like 7 am til dark, so i havent had much time to get them out as of yet, but they seem to be keeping themselves amused!

they are in the run now, i jus cnt get over how little she is!! hehe, scampis jus runs over all the time and poppy is hiding under the bendy stix tunnel lol where she had found a slice of apple! she isnt sharing though!!

emjay
19-12-2007, 08:22 PM
lol :lol: Scampi will have the learn to be quicker :lol:

Have you had a good day with them? Manage to get some piccies today?

Only one and half days left till time off for christmas.. will be nice to just be at home and spend some time with the buns, tho lots of family visits to cover too :roll:

Poppy must be your smallest bun then I reckon? And with the most attitude lol :D

XMissySJx
19-12-2007, 10:03 PM
ummm no cus theres pebbles. pebbles is alot smaller cus she has a very thin face and dainty little ears, but i think i see poppy as smaller cus of peanut and domino, like i see them being lops, and then see a tiny lop and it looks strange lol.

she bit me today :(

they were in the run and i went to pick her up to put them back and my hand gently went on her back and she flung round and dug her teeth into my hand. But i didnt jump back i jus scooped her up and gave her a bit of kale and then she was okay, i think i made her jump.
But this mornign she did take a little bit of spinach from my hand so she is coming round to me.

couldnt take photos, camera dead. cnt wait til xmas tho cus i bought my new camera today. (we had a lil silver digtal camera, like 6mp or sumthing but i do slr photography at college so it dusnt really do anything 4 me lol)

got a nikon d40x, 10mp and 2 lenses, so there will be tons of lovely photographs on here boxing day lol!!1maybe even xmas day:oops: :oops:

emjay
20-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Aw naughty Poppy!! :oops: Never got on the wrong side of her teeth tho I know two little ones that did :shock: (Charlei adn Molly are really annoyed with the swabbign and antibiotics now!! think we've hit teh tolerance level!! :lol: ) tho she was very skittish and if she was out I couldnt get near her, but in her pen she was like putty in my hand lol... like you say prob scared her plus after the stressful week they have just had at mine!! Prob still on guard, poor loves... Glad she is coming round tho with the food :o) She had pellets hand fed from me too and she was so gentle with it, and even with a finger in her mouth she was gentle, was so sweet :D Most buns dont like being touched further down than their neck tho do they? Just reflex to jump I guess. Charlie was awful like that but he's quite happy now, just takes time to get used to it all really, been lots going on lately for them all sounds liek she is doing well tho :D And Scampi is living the life of riley too :D Glad to be back with his mummy :D bless him

Shame about the camera, was looking forward to seeing them, but will wait patiently :roll: :D

emjay
23-12-2007, 12:12 PM
How are Poppy and Scampi doing SJ? have I missed some pics somewhere?

Its really foggy here - hopign for snow! any snow there with you? Have the buns seen snow? Poppy and Scampi prob never have have they? :D