• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help choci and lily have had a big fight

:(

got up this morning to find choci and lily fighting:( I managed to part them before any damage could be done but in the process have got injured myself:( Lily is the worst, she is really attacking this morning, her ears are at the attacking angle and she is grunting:? not only at choci but at me too.

I didn't know what do, but seeing has both had bitten me badly, and lily was in attack mode, I have seperated them:( I don't know if I've done the right thing? neither rabbit seems to be missing the other at the moment but they have only been apart for 3 hours, Lily is still very much attacking anything and everything:(

I wondered if it could have been the smell of the other rabbits, but, holly's been here nearly two weeks now and they've been ok. And baby is in the house, I thought about if I had baby sent on me, but I don't as I went straight outside to feed them. nothing else is new, nothing else has happened. I really can't think why shes behaving like this. I can't get near enough right now to check she isn't ill, but from observing her she doesn't look ill and is running up and down the happy hutch ok. shes eating, drinking, pooping and peeing. when shes calmed down abit or I feel abit braver:oops: I'll try checking her over. she did bite me yesturday, but was ok afterwards, and when I checked them at bedtime, things were fine. She was licking me and let me have a little cuddle.

both lily and choci have been spayed/neutured about 8 weeks ago and have been bonded for 6 weeks. They have been ok with each other up to now, slight humping problem for the first week, but they never had a fight, maybe a nip but not a fight.

Any help, advice or 'helpful' comments welcome:)

oh no! :( :( Hope they patch it up, cant help you out Vikki sorry as Ive not got a clue really on fights that bad. Im sure someone will help you esp Jane if shes about today x x x x x

gosh vikki,iam so sorry that they have started to fight.hope everthing with them both is ok and they can go back together soon xx

Well..domino and pebbles used to be so loved up, and then whenever they could see or smell Peanut they would fight.

now they are uysed to each other, but it sounds similar to whats happening with your buns.
other than that, maybe Lilly is unwell? x

Poor you, pets fighting is terrible.

It could have been the smell of other rabbits that has set them off. My two had a set to when I was looking after a friend's rabbits. In the end, I made sure that I changed my jeans between each pair, it was a pain but stopped the smell travelling.

I would keep them separate for a little while until they calm down, then you can start to sort out what you are doing next.

thanks Amy and Lisa, I was just so shocked to see them:cry: I'm sat here crying, try to think of how to help them.

Lilys calming down a bit, shes just sitting strecthed out. I'm going to check her over soon make sure that theres no injuries or illness that I can see that would make her like this. Then I'll see how they are with each other, hoping that when they see each other they just snuggle.

Well..domino and pebbles used to be so loved up, and then whenever they could see or smell Peanut they would fight.

now they are uysed to each other, but it sounds similar to whats happening with your buns.
other than that, maybe Lilly is unwell? x

thats what I'm wondeing could she be feeling unwell, I'm thinking I might try to take her to the vets just to be sure

Poor you, pets fighting is terrible.

It could have been the smell of other rabbits that has set them off. My two had a set to when I was looking after a friend's rabbits. In the end, I made sure that I changed my jeans between each pair, it was a pain but stopped the smell travelling.

I would keep them separate for a little while until they calm down, then you can start to sort out what you are doing next.

but I had my PJ's on, not one rabbit had been near them. I'm pretty sure this must of started before I got out there this morning, as I heard a load of noise as I opened the back door, and I have now found some bits of fur. I know fur pulling is normal and will happen from time to time. I just don't get it:(

going to try them together once I've checked her out, hope it was just a silly fight and they are back to normal

When you re-introduce them, I'd try to do it on neutral terrritory, just to make it a bit easier. Maybe take them for a ride in the car aswell?

When you re-introduce them, I'd try to do it on neutral terrritory, just to make it a bit easier. Maybe take them for a ride in the car aswell?

will try to find some where neutral, not many places they haven't been. will a walk in the pet carrier do? I don't drive and me cars broke anyway:roll:

but its hot in here and cold out there, that wouldn't be good for them to keep changing temps:( I'm going to clear the path in a bit and let them on it if I can find something to keep them from going in to next door garden.

I bonded my two in bathroom, after a stressful journey im sure it wont hurt x x

I've checked her over, shes got no visible signs of illness or injuries, of course that don't rule out something inside that I can't see, so I think I'll book her in at the vets to be sure.

while I was doing that mum cleared the path and found some carboard to pen them in. I put choci in and mum put lily in. lily again went into attack mode and tried to bite poor choci:cry: again I've been injured trying to seperate them:( I will try the pet carrier thing, but will have to do walking as like I said me and my car are having problem (I don't drive, it wont start).

Choci don't seem bothed by the split, hes eating drinking and playing very happly. Lily seems a bit down, but also very angry. I can't wok out why shes so angry:? oh I'm so confused:(

Back