• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need names!

I have a foster sow and her three babies, who will be with me for at least 5 weeks. The sow is ginger with pink eyes, and the babies mostly white, with tan or agouti on them. I need names!!!! I normally go for herbs/spices/trees/plants etc so anything along those lines....maybe something christmas related as they are christmas babies.
will post pics in a couple of days when they have settled, and obviously if anyone is looking for beautiful babies or a mummy....
cheers guys!
x Jess

:lol: :lol: i already have a bun named that! he is an enormous lionhead who is pure ginger. I also have a damson, thyme, ash, basil, tarragon, pistachio, cassia, stout, cocoa, dill, parprika and cashew. foster buns are rosie and bonnie and george is the foster pig. so anything other than those!!!

hmmm tricky then - mine are all posh names - Imogen, Harriet, Emily, Beatrice, Crystal, Tara, Dolores (Lulu), Florence, Sabrina, Abigail, Milo, Oliver, Hugo, Henry, Horace, Giles, Rudolf, Basil.....and Derek :lol: (well he just looked like a Derek!)

The group of 5 rabbits were named after Darling Buds of May - Maa, Victoria, Primrose, Petunia and Zinniea (spelt wrong). I love thinking up names :p

me too, its hard though when you dont know the sex, i dont want to call the babies 1,2 and 3 for the next five weeks! so need gender free, christmas plant-related names!:lol: not asking too much am i?????:lol:

Holly
Berry
Amarylis
Poinsettia (bit of a mouthful)
Pansy (winter flowering)
Crocus
Snowdrop
Cyclamen (but of course that would get shortened to sicky, so maybe not)

:)

see i quite like holly and berry, but they sound very female :? also thought of mistletoe as that is white and they are mostly white. like crocus though, thats good! did also think maybe cracker?? keep em coming!

hmm....

spruce, holly bArry (;) it's a BOYS name, barry... :lol: ), snowdrop, flake (snow flake, not the chocolate ;) ), plum, Tinsel, luna, Pecan, star, eve (like christmas eve?), frost, floe, glacier, hail ...

sorry they're not "planty" names... :? I'm a watery/snowey person myself :lol:

Ginger
Cinnamon
Clove

All go into making christmassy things like mulled wine & cake & minced pies.

me too, its hard though when you dont know the sex, i dont want to call the babies 1,2 and 3 for the next five weeks! so need gender free, christmas plant-related names!:lol: not asking too much am i?????:lol:

these are piggies aren't they? Baby guinea pigs are very easy to sex unlike rabbits - just as well as boys need seperating at 3wks old. Girls have a little Y shape genitalia, and boys have an i shape - the dot on the i being their tiny willy :lol:

Nut names....hmm...
Almond, Peanut, Macadamia (sp? Mack for short), Chestnut, Conker, Acorn, Coconut, Hazelnut, Mongongo...

Trees:
Oak, Birch, Willow......

these are piggies aren't they? Baby guinea pigs are very easy to sex unlike rabbits - just as well as boys need seperating at 3wks old. Girls have a little Y shape genitalia, and boys have an i shape - the dot on the i being their tiny willy :lol:

they are piggies yes. i thought it was 4 weeks they had to be separated :? how old can you sex them from? did it before when i had a litter, that was at about 2 wks when gentle pressure made the boys bits stick out :oops: :lol:

yes some say 4 weeks, some say 3 - I was extra cautious as I had 21 piglets by then and was struggling to stay alive :lol:

Have just checked my old diary (they are now 2yrs old) and I sexed them at 2 days old using the Y or i method - I checked them all again later just incase I'd made a mistake but they were all correct. Plus the breeder I rescued them from said the one day old baby was a boy - which he definitely was as he tried to get his mum pregnant when he was just 3 weeks old! :shock:

i think there are 2 girls and one boy. but then when i look again i change my mind :lol: was easy last time! will leave it a week or so then try again. more importantly they are all wheeking away and trying to eat carrot....at 48 hrs old :roll:

Back