• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The mystery of Salt's wet chin has been solved!

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Salt's had a wet chin/ cheek to the left hand side, which was puzzling me and the vet. He was checked for snuffles and his teeth - perfect.
I removed the water bowls, thinking he was dipping his whole face in the water :roll: but it carried on.
After having removed the water bottles, it seems the daft rabbit was dribbling most of the water down his face, as it has now completely cleared up :rolleyes:

:lol: As soon as I read the first line I knew it was the water bottles - I've got 3 dozy guinea pigs that do that, to the extent that they smelt putrid and their fur never dried :roll: I had to put their bottles as far into a corner as I could, so they couldn't do the habit any more - they only used to lean their head one way, so it's never happened to the other side of their neck at all.

They have a bowl and a water feeder type thing. They seem to be drinking as much as before, so have no problems using it.
Silly old Salt! None of the other rabs have this problem. Pepper loves his water bottle as well, but thanks to his daft brother he's not allowed one!

A little unrelated but I used to have a syrian hamster who used to like taking showers... She would push the ball back with her paw and let all the water leak out onto her head :lol:

Although I had to top the bottle up at least twice a day :roll:

I have spent the past 3 days convinced that Lexie was dribbling and needed a dental when today I caught her drining from the dog bowl (she has a water bottle normally) and she had her chin fully submerged :roll: To say I am relieved is an understatement.

:lol: Reminds me of the time I thought Mary had another spell of (what we thought were) dodgy kidneys - his blood tests had come back OK so I was puzzled as to why he'd suddenly got so incontinent, until I came home one day to catch him in the act of squeezing his bum into the small water bowl and just sitting there :roll:

:lol: Reminds me of the time I thought Mary had another spell of (what we thought were) dodgy kidneys - his blood tests had come back OK so I was puzzled as to why he'd suddenly got so incontinent, until I came home one day to catch him in the act of squeezing his bum into the small water bowl and just sitting there :roll:

I didn't realised rabbits liked b-days :lol:

Animals can be sooo funny :roll:

:lol: so where's the photo? - that I must see! :lol:

Back