• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wispa's 5 hour car journey

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
Well we are back down south and someone asked me to post after taking Wispa a long way in the car.

i put her litter tray into her carrier and mixed megazorb and straw together (absorbant and comfy!) i padded the rest of the carrier with towels to stop her tray moving.

i initially put her water bottle above a towel but every tiny bump we hit squirted water out so i took it off. She seemed fine but moody for the journey.

We stopped after 2 hours and gave her some hay, a carrot and some water which she scoffed down and then spent the rest of the journey munching on hay.

When we got home we set her crate up with most of her stuff that she had at home but she is in a really bad mood with me!

the biggest downside is that she suddenly isnt using the litter tray and is pooping EVERYWHERE. she has weed twice out of the cage but in the same place so we put another litter tray down for her.

the next journey is in 3 weeks time and halfway there we are picking up her husbun!!!!!

I think it stressed her out a bit but not as much as leaving her up north with a stranger or in kennels would have.

awww shell appreciate the fact shes with her mummy :)

Alvins really looking forward to his 7 hour journey to scotland over xmas... well he will be when i tell him lolololololol

i just tried to make her as comfortable as possible for the whole journey, when i tried to stroke her she thumped so i just left her alone but she was in the middle on the back seat so i could see her every time i turned around.

The journey back will be interesting with her husbun and there new bed

awwww a husbun... how exciting.. i really hope they fall inlove

i think Alvin just slept the whole journey the first time we did it, he did pee but ive read thats a stress thing.... had no trouble eating tho so cant be too bad for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back